Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out

8 years 9 months ago #68156 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Buc correct visitors want to score first take crowd out of the game. However if my memory serves

Me. The Assburns scored first last year and then never saw another point or scoring opportunity

We answered and played four quarters. Need to have same mindset this season

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68157 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
The stars will align this year fellows and we will win it all...

We do NOT need the perfect QB to make this happen. Our coaching staff is complete, our O line will be the best in the Nation, our D will win us several games and our offense will be lethal by the end of week 3.

Of course this is my hope and my opinion BUT I'm not going to lose any more sleep over UGA football because my wife has told me so haha.

Win or lose I will be cheering for my DAWGS louder than the man next to me! And for the record I do believe this is our year...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68158 by Buc
sflanagan21, don't believe this group will enter the arena and get beat from a lack of conditioning.

Mark Hocke is a very positive step in the right direction. Looking at where he was an understudy, those that he helped train, results speak for themselves. Dude has a motor.

Looking back can not count the number of times that I believe we were beaten because we were less fit.

Hearing more talk from the coaches about the athletes wanting to impress had best spend time getting fit this summer. Much of that talk started when the new hires from Alabama joined forces in Athens.

Remember well the second half against Alabama in Atlanta and in my mind conditioning changed the face of that game.

yankeedawg1, see where many of the talking heads have Auburn being all that this season. When I compare the lineups, I see more talent wearing the Red and Black. Maybe we go to their house and score first . . . . and often. Depth is beginning to be a huge part of Georgia Football, hope that continues along with better decision making.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 9 months ago #68161 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Don't think this group of players and coaches will be in awe when we travel to the plains

Buc you are correct saying our depth is going to be huge that and our conditioning will account

For us keeping ourselves competitive in games we ran out of gas.

Heads have us losing to both AL teams. Let the games play out we will see....

Earlier post....don't sell these Dawgs short. Past history is that...... Who will start the fire?

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago #68166 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
"I'm convinced the season hangs on the QB situation."

LimeyDawg, you are absolutely correct. And it could go either way. I, unfortunately, have a tough time seeing it go well. Hopefully we will see more "David Greene" than "Matthew Stafford" (in terms of first season performance) from whoever lines up behind center.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, LimeyDawg

More
8 years 9 months ago #68170 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Well, the thing is (for me) talent is NOT an issue. However, how many times have we seen QBs needing a game or two to get their feet under them? I'm hoping our current group knows that playbook inside and out and has worked past the deer-in-the-headlights phase. If whoever plays can keep cool and make sensible decisions (yes, learn that flipping grounding rule) then I believe we're in for a really good season. Of course, it can't hurt to have a "decent" running back to hand off to when the passing game falls apart.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds