Forum

2015 "Leadership" A Must . . . .

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67745 by Buc
yankeedawg1, one thing that pleases me is the player videos. There has been a definite upbeat coming from "both sides" of the ball. Not always the case prior to "several" coaching changes.

Really impressed with Nick Chubb. Young man is true to his word. "Few words" I might add. Returned home for Spring Break and spent time with those that he knew and grew up with. Red Neck Riviera was not in his plan. Had he chose to make the scene in Panama City, Florida, Nick would have been covered up with folks wanting to get close. Nick Chubb stays healthy, he will be rewarded for the choices he made both in high school and college.

Leads me to this . . . .

Think that this board had more to say about A. J. Turman than any of the other boards that I read. Said a couple of times that a healthy Turman will have the Dawg faithful out of their seats in Sanford Stadium in 2015. Put it as simply as I can . . . . he will run over your ass. Gets enough carries, those that he has exchanged head on exchanges with will find out that he has speed and great vision, knows how to avoid tackles also.

With the number of running backs that we have, will make the offensive line even better than some predict. Will definitely play a huge role in pass protection.

Takes me to this . . . .

2015 could/should be the year when our tightends make believers of the opposition. This group can catch. Blocking, not too sure about that aspect. New pup Jackson Harris will block, and when it comes time to move to the NFL, he will.

No doubt that Brian Schottenheimer wants to be able to get the ball to speedy receivers like Malcolm Mitchell. That is the beauty of the group of players we have for 2015 . . . . see a lot of balance that will allow Malcolm to upset those that choose to put "extra men" in the box. Slot receiver is going to be a "special" position for those that line up there. Have said a couple of times, would love to see Keith Marshall taking on that role. Not saying he can't be one that carries the ball inside or outside the tackles, just believe he could improve his chances of making it to the NFL lining up in the slot. Marshall has "great hands". 2015 is a very big year for Keith Marshall. He knows and understands that.

Personally, would rather focus on the 2015 Football Season. 2016 and 2017 will find their way when the time comes.

2015 players will be the ones that become the leaders of the 2016 and 2017 recruits. "Leadership" is a must for those leaving high school and moving to Athens. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #67746 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic 2015 "Leadership" A Must . . . .
Your post Buc was a meat lovers special. Many good and accurate points

Yes. AJ. Has the wheels to be in the RB. mix. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67747 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic 2015 "Leadership" A Must . . . .
Was wondering if CBS is going to coach from the booth or the field. Myself I like to see him on the field. Not to say that our O didn't put up points under CMB but to me we were very predictable in critical downs. To many weapons at the disposal to run it up the gut on third and long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #67748 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic 2015 "Leadership" A Must . . . .
DAWGtm, I haven't heard whether Schottenheimer will be on the field or in the booth, but my guess is the booth - ONLY a guess, based on the bowl game this year. I used to really care a lot about that, but lately I've decided I would rather let the OC stay wherever they are comfortable. Based on his NFL time, he may stay on the sidelines. But good view of the field may help someone read and adjust to defenses.

BTW - I'm with you on the calls. Last year may have been one of the worst years I've ever had for wondering what in the world the coaches were thinking - I try not to do that, but last year sure made me wonder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67749 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic 2015 "Leadership" A Must . . . .
DAWGtm, my memory takes me to this . . . .

Mike Bobo and grantham were having some problems that were recognized when Bobo went to the booth. grantham's reactions on the sidelines were not appreciated by most of the coaches.

From where I sit, would like to see Schottenheimer on the sidelines if that is his preference. Something to be said about the coach being able to go "hands on" with his offensive players. Don't mean being ugly, those that played the game understand the face to face meetings on the sidelines. Also think that Brian being on the sideline would remove Mark Richt from being the center of attention when the offense is on the sideline. Head coach said in his Macon, Georgia interviews that Brian Schottenheimer would be calling the plays. This old fart believes much more can be accomplished between offensive coordinator and offensive assistants going face to face rather than over the headphones. Headphones can transfer any information needed to the offensive coaches quickly. Another reason that AM had some success, line up take a look, stop look to the sideline headphone information is there on the defense. Hope some of that made sense.

thriller, another reason that "smarts" can be just as effective as a "bazooka arm". Film study is more than watching film, has to be an understanding of what one sees, and is able to take to the Hedges on Saturdays.

While on the quarterback thing again . . . . As in most games, receptions will be less than 20 yards with the ball in the air. Many or most of the yardage after 20 yards is someone like a Keith Marshall, Isaiah McKenzie or Jeb Blacevich or Mitchell, or several others that will rise up this season. Different wide receiver coach that will change how the receivers play. All three quarterbacks can toss the ball 20 yards . . . . :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds