Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 10 months ago #67774 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Happy wife, happy life yd1. :)

Time for those that are "in the way" in certain areas to recognize what is going on and look over the current recruiting that not one, but several of the folks recently hired have had a hand in.

My bet is that Thomas Brown is going to be "all that" and soon. There is some talk in South Florida. Brown and McClendon, hard pair to recruit against.

Appears to me that the defensive front is going to mirror what FSU did. Don't give a damn whether it was Pruitt or the Kentucky head coach before him . . . . what matters to this old fart is this . . . . there is a plan, and the plan did not "exist" prior to the arrival of Coach Will Friend. At some point there had to be a "beginning". From where I sit, the "beginning" was bringing in coaches that understand how to "reach" these young players in the State of Georgia. Erk was a coach under VD, but he sure as heck left a footprint. Sometimes the "under studies" need to "speak up". Pruitt did.

Say it again, Mark Richt, just stay out of the way, if you do so, chances are you can retire without being on the "hot seat" AGAIN.

No you should be a "stand up guy" and say to those of us that know why we have a IPF in the planning stage . . . . You were not on board with Jeremy Pruitt when he "mouthed off", you sure as hell have a lot to say now. Don't keep trying to take me back into the past unless . . . . you have always wanted a IPF, if you were strong enough in certain areas, our recruiting would have been as good then as it is now. Say what? Pruitt said UGA needs facilities for him and others to recruit. Pruitt said that.

Take your money, take your recent fan approval and just do this . . . . Won't say it again . . . . maybe . . . . there is a "different" type of "talent" residing in Athens, don't mean the players, that talent has always been there. There are coaches that understand the "missing links" that have been in the Classic City since . . . .

Anyone remember this photo?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67775 by Buc
Happy wife, happy life yd1. :)

Time for those that are "in the way" in certain areas to recognize what is going on and look over the current recruiting that not one, but several of the folks recently hired have had a hand in.

My bet is that Thomas Brown is going to be "all that" and soon. There is some talk in South Florida. Brown and McClendon, hard pair to recruit against.

Appears to me that the defensive front is going to mirror what FSU did. Don't give a damn whether it was Pruitt or the Kentucky head coach before him . . . . what matters to this old fart is this . . . . there is a plan, and the plan did not "exist" prior to the arrival of Coach Will Friend. At some point there had to be a "beginning". From where I sit, the "beginning" was bringing in coaches that understand how to "reach" these young players in the State of Georgia. Erk was a coach under VD, but he sure as heck left a footprint. Sometimes the "under studies" need to "speak up". Pruitt did.

Say it again, Mark Richt, just stay out of the way, if you do so, chances are you can retire without being on the "hot seat" AGAIN.

No you should be a "stand up guy" and say to those of us that know why we have a IPF in the planning stage . . . . You were not on board with Jeremy Pruitt when he "mouthed off", you sure as hell have a lot to say now. Don't keep trying to take me back into the past unless . . . . you have always wanted a IPF, if you were strong enough in certain areas, our recruiting would have been as good then as it is now. Say what? Pruitt said UGA needs facilities for him and others to recruit. Pruitt said that.

Take your money, take your recent fan approval and just do this . . . . Won't say it again . . . . maybe . . . . there is a "different" type of "talent" residing in Athens, don't mean the players, that talent has always been there. There are coaches that understand the "missing links" that have been in the Classic City since . . . .

Anyone remember this photo?

Same Defensive Coordinator that plays to win.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #67776 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Proof that what we thought CJP has the HC's ear. Don't think he was asking where are we eating

After the game. Can't read lips in that picture but he has the HC's attention

Anyone believe that this doesn't go on in practice? Bet the two have had a few closed door

Meetings with more to come this summer. Waiting for the first sidelines pix with CBS and CMR

Will tell something with the body language. After 41 yrs. I am onboard with the happy wife happy life.

Horses at it again next Saturday. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #67777 by Buc
yd1, looking forward to the Belmont States and another run at the Triple Crown. Love horses, know that you come from upstate New York, beautiful country and definitely horse country.

The conversation between you and sadlerdawg, "upstate" a different "world". The "city" . . . . will stop, they are all about themselves.

American Pharoah I believe has that "something" that will make many folks very happy on Saturday.

www.belmontstakes.com/multimedia/youtubevideo.aspx?VideoId=181

yd1, have said this too many times, but it is the truth . . . . Looking at Mark Richt and the coach that gave him a chance, Bobby Bowden, here is hoping that our head coach can take a stone cold look at himself and what happened to BB and "learn" from that. Our head coach is truly a "carney barker". Do what it takes and move on.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67778 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
More stoopid crap from the rags looking for clicks. If anyone thinks that Ramsey will not be the starting QB and that we would bring in a QB just to run the team until we are "saved" should think again.

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67780 by Buc
You know, I know, figure that most on "this board know".

These games will be played prior to SS.

That is when MR can appease the masses that he gave everyone a shot at the starting quarterback job.

Someone needs to explain to me that the three quarterbacks can "separate" themselves from each other in a short amount of time. I think about that. Two games prior to Spurrier?

Anyone want to go through the games before SS and his group?

ULM Warhawks game one. Between the Hedges.

Vanderbilt Commodores game two. Nashville.

Gamecocks between the "Hedges" game three.

Question.

What prevents us, Georgia from moving forward? A given if I am allowed to say that the "first two games are in the bag". Right?

South Carolina comes to Athens with one thought . . . . SS loves to win one game if no others on their schedule . . . .

Another question.

Why is it that SS can and does beat us? This is what Steve Spurrier has had to say about playing against Georgia, whether he was the head coach in Florida or South Carolina.

Spurrier on Georgia recruiting: "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

Is that statement not the "truth"?

Another question . . . .

Looking at the *****'s, seems to me that we are off and running again. Maybe we are having our best recruiting year ever.

What happens after the players arrive in Athens? Do they forget how to "win"?

Who has been reaching out to improve the Red and Black? Maybe this is the better question to ask . . . . why are we still looking to the future? Are we going to close the door on the young men that will put the pads on this year? I believe that to be a fair question to those that read this board.

Anyone believe that the talent on the defense is lacking? Might be that we will find out if Pruitt/Rocker and Company have gotten better in "year two (2)". Mark Richt as head coach has been given 14 years, entering his fifteenth year as head coach to "do what"?

Question.

Why did it take our head coach 14 years to figure out what was needed to keep the Red and Black in the "running"?

Am I wrong to ask that question? Do any of the members on this board ever ask that question? Can only speak for myself.

OMT . . . . ONE MORE TIME . . . . Do folks my age have to wait another 14 or 15 years to say the things that are often said now?

Believe it or not . . . . we are on the same side or page, we wear the same "colors". Help me. VD had one (1) NC, and how many years did that take?

Comes a time when some of the folks need to take a "close look" at where Georgia Football is. Easy for folks to say next year or the year after, or ten years from now or . . . .

Hard for me to listen to "stuff" about next year or two years down the road.

Give me something "other" than two years down the road when we will be "all that".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds