Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 10 months ago #67738 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Reading the heads. One says we don't have any proven depth at receiver

Next one comes along and is all goosie on Terry Goodwin and others who arrive in June

Somewhere in the mix is the truth. IMO. MM is not chopped liver as is our TE's.

The rest will sort itself out. In Bmac we trust. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67739 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Whether we agree or disagree with the following article, from the "outside looking in" it is what it is.

There are some on this board and others that believe our head coach is "adequate", x number of wins each season, but again it comes back to "certain losses" that should never happen, or rarely happen. Many of our losses are not caused by the "ball bouncing funny", has to do with coaches preparing players for different "team talents" each Saturday.

Also, Nick Saban now #2 to urban meyer in the article. Will be interesting to keep a keen eye on Nick, he coaches one way, win the National Championship. Guarantee this, he is focused on urban meyer, Ohio State and every team he has to beat to get a return engagement. He thinks that way . . . . reason he makes over 7 million dollars each year. (Outside of his portfolio), who knows the numbers there . . . . he and his army of accountants and investment consultants are privy to that information.

When Alabama comes to Athens, anyone that believes that Nick Saban and Company will not come prepared, hide behind the "Hedges" and watch. This game could easily come down to a "coaching contest" . . . . both teams have talent, at this point both have lined up and played football outside of intra-squad play. Brings back thoughts of "Blackout". Hoping for a different outcome.

Another thing that bothers me a great deal . . . . Alabama has a punter that is "outstanding". Has been discussed on this board before, SEC Championships have been won over decades because of great punters.

Another strong part of Alabama's team is "Special Teams". Stop with that one, believe that also comes under "coaching, head coaching".

Not to be ugly, but our head coach has said more than once . . . . win the SEC East.

That of course has to happen (win the SEC East) before moving on to Atlanta and then to the Final Four.

Young coaches coming up through the ranks tend to take what they have learned from others and use many of the same methods after moving on.

Pruitt and Company have a solid Alabama background in coaching, yes that includes Tracy Rocker from Auburn, Alabama.

Personally, think it is time to get our minds off of Jacob Eason and 2016. Let's coach the very "deep talent" that again resides in Athens and get our minds on Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban in 2015.

247sports.com/Bolt/Sporting-News-bumps-R...-25-coaches-37413109

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67740 by Buc
yd1, read your #26 post after my last one. Spot on.

One of the reasons that I say Spot on . . . . You mention what the media has to say about Terry Godwin, again the media "reaching out". Last few years of recruited talent landing in the Classic City . . . . and all the cub reporters can focus on is what they see "two years" down the road.

From where I sit . . . . if we have an offense that utilizes Malcolm Mitchell, and others, our running backs are going to have a "GREAT 2015 SEASON". At this point, I would like to know that we (UGA) are focused on 2015.

Bryan McClendon, best of the best. He deserves much more than he is given credit for. Numbers on the paycheck should reflect just how valuable BMac is to Georgia Football.

Edit . . . . Good article, what a positive force BMac is for Georgia. While still the running back coach, here are a couple of players that he recruited and they came to UGA. Gurley, Marshall, Crowell and Chubb.

Now BMac is back coaching the position that he played at Georgia and for the Chicago Bears.

yankeedawg1 said this in post #26 . . . . The rest will sort itself out. In Bmac we trust. Go Dawgs

georgia.scout.com/story/1535386-bryan-mcclendon-on-the-record

What has changed in Athens since Bryan McClendon took over as head of the recruiting department? Everything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67741 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
I sincerely believe that this group is focused on 2015 not worrying about who is heading to

Athens in 2016. Like our coaches teach football is a game played in the present. Every play is a

Big play. I know CJP and the Bama Gang will be ready when the Tide comes calling

Your right Buc it may come down to a coaching decision. However it just might be CJP. Vs. CKS

Who's D can get one game winning stop. Hole card for us CTR and the forthcoming improved

Run D. Go Dawgs. Under 100 days to go

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 10 months ago #67742 by Buc
Sometimes it comes down to this, stuff we used to say back in the day . . . . brass tacks.

Can only speak to what I hear and see.

When grantham left, defensive football players were not open to "speaking out". Before the Season (2014) was over, many on the defense, maybe I should say "some" on the defensive side of the ball "spoke up". No one wanted to "trash" what was "going on" in Athens, players knew that "change" was now a part of the "team".

Read this article and reflect on what you believe.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/83905/pru...le-with-ugas-defense

When I post that our head coach needs to stay out of the way, would like to see a raise of hands of that either agree or disagree. If it is not going to be discussed here, anyone believe that we can take this conversation to the AJC?

Just got detracted, by my words . . . . Carvill now has Emerson on board, mentioned this earlier . . . . anyone notice Carvill picking up the pace? This could be a "very" good thing . . . . two "puppies" that will leave the "old dawgs" in their wake.

Was time for a serious shift in the coverage of Georgia Football in the "rag" that is so f'ing "liberal" and out of touch with you and I.

Would love to be a "fly on the wall" when Carvill and Emerson gather to "produce" copy that you and I want to read. Emerson loves this, he is far ahead, Carvill is not a welcomed dude in Butts-Mehre.

Anyone believe that the AJC "woke up"? AJC will do anything to improve "clicks". I say this, Seth Emerson, don't sell your soul to the devil. David Hale was "all that" . . . . for one reason, never wavered from the TRUTH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #67743 by Buc
Interesting article written by Seth Emerson. Young man is off and running at the AJC.

yd1, particularly liked what was said about his former coaches.

Appears most were somehow tied to "conditioning" in Tuscaloosa. All of the hires have brought the same methods to Athens. Continue to build depth and have everyone in shape, should mean good things are on the horizon.

While some go along with the "two year thingy", personally want to see the "2015 thingy".

Hoping that we don't have a replay of 2014 coaching decisions in 2015.

www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/saban-ca...aches-hes-emp/nmN44/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds