Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat

8 years 11 months ago #67668 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
DWS, goes something like this . . . . "Piece of Spit". :whistle: ;)

DWS don't see the defensive coaches letting up at all. That does not mean that they don't realize how important the offensive play is, they have mentioned that. Good bunch, could probably handle themselves at a "Biker's Bar". ;)

Something that I hope to see out of this is Marty Schottenheimer staying involved with Georgia football. He was a great defensive coach/head coach. Marty and Jeremy could bond and it would be very beneficial for everyone in Athens. Marty Schottenhemier was a no nonsense coach, see that in Pruitt and Company.

Honestly not sure that I am happier because we have Pruitt or Rocker. Not hard to see what both are doing for us. Seems everyday or at least once a week or so, another highly rated Georgia high school player is heading to the Classic City.

If everything that I have read about Pruitt staying on Clay's case is true, second year for Pruitt and Company recruiting, our coaches know who and what they want. Only have 25 slots, and they are getting fewer a lot quicker than before the arrival of Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Defense is finally being run by folks that teach and coach hard work.

Going to repeat this again . . . . Great that the players coming in after the 2015 Season appear to be all that. I for one have not forgotten the talent that will be playing between the Hedges in 2015. Red and Black is a talent loaded SEC football team. My main concern is the "center position" much more so than who MR/BS selects as the starting quarterback. Center touches the ball before the quarterback, and just as many times. There, got that said, again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67669 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
Taken from Blutarsky's

Speaking of the Bulldogs, just looking at how they are recruiting, they should be in prime position to contend for a College Football Playoff berth and a National Championship in 2016 or 2017. With Eason in the fold they have a quarterback. Plus, they are loading up on the defensive line when you look at who they signed in 2015 and who they are likely to sign this cycle. It’s an incredible assembly of talent and a tough-to-recruit position.

If I were playing for UGA this year I would be pissed. Pretenders once again this year but contenders in 2 years. Media makes me sick.

BTW Golson to FSU

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67670 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
All the talk about 2016. And 2017. Fodder stoking the young HS. Egos.

And media BS. Current team knows it has to change the conversation on the field rather than

Spinning tales of the future. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67671 by Buc
Read that ogredawg.

Same folks both in the media and bloggers, played the same game 2 years ago and . . . . 4 years ago, don't have to keep traveling back, right?

Interesting what this young man had to say around the 2:15 mark of the video below. There are a lot of strong arms in the high school ranks. There are also many that believe there is more to playing the position than some of the media "stuff" laid out for us to read. Another point . . . . makes a difference when playing quarterback against the competition that is faced.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/05/19/uga-t...olina/#brzn/comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67672 by Buc
Sometimes I really want to join the "feel good crowd" every year just prior to kickoff. Actually I do, to a point.

Problem with that is there always seems to be a huge let down, never really know when it will show its ugly head, but as sadlerdawg has said numerous times as you have ogredawg, can't dance to that tune anymore.

When I look at and read what "others" want us to shimmy up to, can't quite do that yet. Think that I am closer to giving in on the defensive side at this point than you two are, but I think I see something different. Whether that moves us away from 3 or 4 losses a year, find out this year, not next year or two years down the road.

I do believe that the ground work has been laid by the Public Relations Group for an escape if the quarterback position causes any problems in 2015. Last I heard from the top brass, we have three (3) very capable young men trying to win a starting role. Say again, any of the three quarterbacks should be able to do well with the group that surrounds them. Offensive line, running backs, tightends, wide receivers, slot receivers . . . . what am I missing? Me thinks nothing. Comes down to that same thing every year . . . . coaching.

Maybe in 2015 we will not pp away 3 games because we had a lack of "coaching".

More
8 years 11 months ago #67673 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
In case anyone was wondering, I HATE this God forsaken, soul killing, Hell pit of a city. Glad to see my daughter though.

OK back to the football thread.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds