Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat

8 years 10 months ago #67685 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
Reading different sites, seems that many think that anyone on the offensive line has to be at least 6'4” and weigh above 300 lbs.

Most of that comes from “some” that either have not played the game are in full accord with the way that the ***** pushers move their case forward.

Give me an offensive lineman that is above 6 feet, hip movement, speed under 5 in the forty, large hands, and has a “bully attitude”. Don't care about “long arms” at the center position, (understand that at left tackle , a blessing) care more about “finding” a linebacker when the ball is snapped. Especially if a team “ours” employs a running game. Seems that we will do that again. Have ran the football for years.

I believe that Isaiah Wynn is the perfect center for UGA to grow with. 6'2” somewhere around 285. Centers with “talent” beyond protecting the quarterback, smart, aggressive and beyond aggressive, “nasty”, we have that in Isaiah Wynn.

Love “Boss”, proved that he could get the job done . . . . Isaiah Wynn is a step above Boss. More athletic, he however has to get the mental part of the offense down . . . . and he will, no lack of brain or talent with Wynn. Wynn will leave UGA and play in the NFL.

Those that do understand, know that replacing “Boss” is the one thing that has to be done. Love Kublanow, but he should remain at “left guard” . . . . right guard is not up for grabs, dude there is going to be an NFL offensive lineman for years. Watch the NFL draft next season, Greg Pyke is “all that”. If I was a GM with the “power” to take an offensive lineman in the first round, it would be Greg Pyke. Don't agree, watch Pyke work this season. Man among . . . .

My eyes are focused on Rob Sales. I want to believe . . . . show me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67686 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
The Denver Broncos proved that an intelligent, mean-spirited and FAST offensive line, made up of 280-300 pounders can whip some of the best defensive front sevens around. So did Boise State.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #67690 by Buc
Lots of truth in what you say thriller. It makes me cringe though when I see those chop blocks, many names for the block. Many careers have ended when facing what Denver was noted for once upon a time. Not so much any more, now it is all about protecting Manning.

Georgia Tech is notorious for same. Hard for defensive linemen to go 100% sometimes when facing blocks that end careers. Have to admit, have seen "us" doing it also. I like physical football, not noted injury causing football. Lots of attention being paid to concussions these days, chop blocks many times don't allow a player to ever return to the football field, whereas many have played with concussions.

Sorry, I have been one that has had a lot of bad things to say about taking knees and ankles out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #67693 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Chat
Collecting for Penny Wages retirement. He will be missed. Not....

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 10 months ago #67695 by Buc
yankeedawg1, read what he had to say after hanging it up. Problem . . . . he waited far too long to move on. Personal opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds