Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67439 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
ogredawg, I agree. You can create some pretty good stats playing against bad teams, too. It's only when you play "the big boys" that better stats start to have some pretty serious effects. Having said that though, if you have some pretty bad stats, or if they are headed the wrong direction, that is USUALLY not a good thing, so I get the gist of the article (I know you did too).

Hold opposing teams to 0 yards and 0 points and you'll have a great record and stats - unless you allow 3 of those opponents to rack up 400+ yards and 40+ points. You'll still have great stats, except in the "Champships Won" column. (Kinda like UGA over the last 10 years.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67440 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Thriller, that said, maybe we ought to keep two sets of stats this year.

1. We know how the first list of easy ones will turn out.

2. The teams that count will show the real operational status.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

8 years 11 months ago #67441 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good thought Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller

More
8 years 11 months ago #67442 by Buc
Think that yankeedawg1 described the local "stuff" being published in Athens is without a doubt . . . . or should be . . . . wrapped fish market style. Mullet wrappers. Where do they find these urchins?

urchins meaning as I am using it . . . . a child who annoys people or causes minor trouble.

Go through the article one step at a time if you choose. Join in if you feel the urge.

Faton Bauta has played in two G Day Games, both times he was credited with being the best quarterback coming out of Spring. Not once, twice. Same results again in 2015, same as 2014.

What more is expected of Faton Bauta? Arm strength, that drives me up the wall. More BS.

www.redandblack.com/sports/final-spring-...d6-a31b5bd010a0.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67443 by Buc
Back when Shaquery Wilson signed on with Georgia, it was mentioned on this board with accompanying video that he is very talented. See where Mark Richt says that Shaquery Wilson will play the receiver position. Another one of those young men coming out of South Florida (Coral Gables) that enjoys the game and plays it well.

Shaquery catches the ball with his hands, large hands, reminds me so much of Chris Conley, yep Chris Conley. Both about the same size, very close 40 times, and catch the ball "over the middle".

Not a doubt in my mind that BMac and Pruitt had a sit down on this player. Pruitt insists that his defensive backs be able to catch the ball . . . . intercept.

Can't remember when we as a football team could move players around like we are doing now without making another position or side of the ball weaker. Building depth has come to the Classic City. Like the following or not . . . . looking more and more like that team in Tuscaloosa. I said that. Why? Check the depth over the past few years that separates UGA and UA.

This is really good news to me, will be to others . . . . soon.

www.hudl.com/athlete/3199155/highlights/165215375/v2

www.hudl.com/athlete/3199155/highlights/136965375/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67444 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wilson was recruited as a ATH. No bait and switch here.... Cbmac.and CML. will see that he is SEC ready,,,,

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds