Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

8 years 11 months ago #67354 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
For sure you speak what you think ogredawg.

If I was asked, could produce "volumes" of "stuff" from those that don't know a damn thing about Georgia, SEC, or football.

Have had many of the "old timers" on this board come up and tell me how wrong I have been.

They miss one very important FACT ogredawg . . . . they live on EMOTION.

Successful head coaches don't buy into that BS. They run their programs "their way" and if it does not work, they go elsewhere and make millions of dollars.

Successful coaches can leave a program like Florida, move on to Ohio State and win NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

If we hang around our program for another fifteen years, we might understand how to convert our "many talented players" into National Champions. VD hung around for more than 15 years and . . . . finally had a warrior like HW come on board and produce a NC. Never, ever did I hear a damn word about the offensive line.

I still have problems with some that want to give VD applause and MR "more time".

If there is "one" person that posts on this board, don't delve into the past (VD) bring me up to date on MR and your reasoning. Not something read in the AJC or elsewhere. That is fair, and I would ask you where the information comes from.

If you speak and don't make "good sense" please "step lightly".

Steve, time for some serious posters, posters that step up, more than two or three times a year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67355 by Buc
Posted my last "jabber" . . . . now the views are over 900. Not one word posted, other than rockdawg, ogredawg, yankeedawg1, and Buc.

Steve, bet you are glad that others read this board. Open the gates, time is right.

For damn sure the "quiet ones" will remain that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67356 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Might be a time for a guest pass to be able to post. May become interested enough to become

A regular. Hmm,,,,

College football is a 12 month operation. You in just for the games. And the W & L you are missing

a. Big part of what makes the sport so challenging

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67370 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
After the Tech game I think there will be a lot of eyes on MR this season. Watchful. Seeing if he manages or meddles.

Buc, "I still have problems with some that want to give VD applause and MR "more time".

Time? How about one more season, just to be fair, be watchful, and see how it unfolds. I am good with that. MR has potential; lets see what he does with it.

But no kool-aid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67376 by Buc
swampdawg, you don't post a lot, but your words are on point . . . . from where I sit.

Allow me this . . . .

Our head coach can stay in Athens as long as Bobby Bowden did in Tallahassee, there are however some "additions" to the contract.

The "Time Line" has to have this inserted in the contract . . . . Stay out of the way, allow the entire group of coaches now on staff "do their business" as they know how. Why would any of the coaches in Athens want to remain there if they were not allowed to teach their "A Game"?

Mark Richt is our head coach, that however does not mean that he is as accomplished as say, Thomas Brown or Rob Sales or any coach on the defensive side of the ball.

If Mark Richt is to remain and make a "forward step", this old fart believes he has to come to the realization that one more coach is needed right now. I say we need along with many others Special Teams has been a dark hole in Richt's resume. Not that our head coach will ever need to send his resume out for hiring considerations.

Cut to the chase. I like this group of coaches. I know that the new hired hands also like Mark Richt. Difference between this group of hired hands and "many" before them. . . . they are teachers and appears that all have backbones.

After the game is over, could care less if the head coach gets all of the slaps on the back, or high fives. Anyone that follows Georgia Football understands that "changes" have been made and fans want our team to be a "respectable group".

Allow me this "also" . . . . I keep a close eye on the gators, not just before a JAX meeting, all year. So far this year their recruiting efforts are based on Florida High School Talent. Just putting up the "warning". Folks in Florida feel the same way about the new coaches for the gators that "we" Georgia fans feel about our recent hires. Both the State of Georgia and Florida have incredible talent. I really like the way our recent hires have gone about changing recruiting. BMac is doing what has often been suggested . . . . Building a fence around Georgia. Some have said that before BMac too over, none have produced the way he has. Anyone interested in recruiting, check the name of those being recruited, BMac's name is there . . . . OFTEN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67377 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
We have been recruiting talented players for years but the change I see is now we are recruiting the needs of the team and not just the stars. I know y'all love that we have gotten some big time o lineman for 2016. I know we can't count our chickens before they hatch but it is nice not to be the last one to the dance and get stuck with the big girl in the corner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds