Forum

G Day Game

9 years 1 week ago #67293 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic G Day Game
This is why I will not be drinking the kool aid this year. It is not about the players. They are a fine and talented bunch of guys. It is the boss I am concerned about..

Buc said "Mark Richt is still the one that controls who does what and when."

Well. that says that when we do a pooch kick.. and I should say he manned up and took responsibility.. but.. there is no sense going over a dead horse. I don't want no dead horses this season. Ya hear that boss? Let the talent do their thing and you just make sure it doesn't run off the tracks. Get some recruits and demand a practice facility.

2 cents worth.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67294 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
Good conversation thriller.

You were a defensive back in high school if my memory serves me correctly. Feel sure that you watch closely what happens when the ball is in the air.

Watching a receiver get free downfield and have the ball laid up and the receiver runs under it, big excitement.

As you mention, not only was that a short toss in JAX, and look at the excitement that has been created over "the play" from that day until this one. Good point. Most passes in college and the NFL are under 20 yards in the air, rest comes for the receiver. Not a quarterback on the 2015 squad that cannot put the football on a line for 20 yards.

Anyone remember the game in Orlando against Nebraska? Remember the pass from AM to Conley? Saw a lot of leg work on the part of Conley after catching the "short toss".

Defenses have become too good at getting after the quarterback this day and time. If I know where I can "find you" play after play, you lose.

May be that turn about is fair play. Mark Richt does not play Faton Bauta because he does not fit his system, and his system is what? . . . . Maybe Mark Richt should not be the head coach because in "crunch time" he makes "wrong decision(s)" . . . . happens every year and it costs us football games. No just last year.

thriller, that "20 yard pass" created a sound byte by Larry Munson that goes like this . . . . referred to the 20 yard pass above. Toss was made at the 5 yard line, caught at the 25 yard line.

Any excitement over this "little 20 yard pass"? Some of the coaching staff needs to wake up, game has changed. Stubborn attitudes cost us games. Costs some coaches their jobs.

And this . . . . referred to by thriller.

The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67295 by Buc
Steve posted . . . .

Let the talent do their thing and you just make sure it doesn't run off the tracks. Get some recruits and demand a practice facility.

2 cents worth.

Takes me back to what I have read on our board.

Stay out of the way Mark Richt, that is the reason I think our program has a fighting chance to move forward. You have had a long and profitable stay in Athens. It is appreciated, to a point. That point went south somewhere around 2007. Speaking to coach hiring decisions and decisions made by you in the time slot that so many mention, 2007 and up until the hiring of the defensive group now in place.

Mark Richt, you and I both know that you went out on a limb with the rapid hiring of Pruitt/Rocker and Company. You and I both know that after the JAX game against Nebraska, the bottom was about to fall out. You and I both know that you did not want to face the same scrutiny that you were faced with when Willie Martinez had failed miserably. You and I both know that you were having a major problem finding someone to take WM's place. Like AM later admitted, there was a "hot seat" feeling in Athens.

Lucky for you and the rest of us, along came Coach Will Friend. He saved your butt with his recommendation of Pruitt. Press wanting to keep their seats in Butts-Mehre gave you full credit. The single best hire you made in 14 years at the helm was Will Friend. Not discounting Bryan McClendon, but he was already around the program, and if he had not been treated with more respect in the recent past, he was wanted by many. Think we still face that possibility, especially with McGarity sitting where he does.

Whether folks are on board with Pruitt being all that or not, he has changed the way football is taught in the Classic City. He will not change. Pruitt and Company understand that we have to continue to recruit heavily on the defense. They are not doing things the way they were done prior to their arrival.

Think I have to mention this again . . . . Not making a stop in Columbus, Georgia on this tour is simply not smart coming from a D1 school like Georgia. Not like the lack of funding is the problem. Someone or more than one have stepped on your feelings and that is regrettable. Hate to say this but . . . . that is the difference between you and urban meyer. Mark Richt, Bobby Bowden did not teach you that method in recruiting.

Seems to me that you are feeling "relief" since our program in Athens appears to be on the "rise again, finally". Thank you Coach Will Friend, same coach that Mike Bobo convinced to make the journey to Colorado. Will Friend understands what coaching material looks like. Same as Rob Sales understands what body types for the offensive line look like.

"I shall return" . . . . borrowed from General Douglas McArthur, 5 Star General, U. S. Army.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 1 week ago #67296 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic G Day Game
Hopefully you won't take as long as it took McArthur to get back too the Phillipines. ..Buc...Lol

Get hungry. .... BPS this week is super sized.... Gabby Hayes rides again....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 week ago #67297 by Buc
yankeedawg1, you do read "between the lines, Sir".

Gabby Hayes was a childhood "hoot". Would shimmy up to the cashier and lay my 10 cents in the window and watch Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Gabby Hayes and Pat Brady. What a team.

yd1, still a few things that I need to sort out.

As close as I can come to answers, rather than questions . . . . I sincerely hope that we have seen a "different" Mark Richt emerge. Take the pats on the back, comes with being the "leader"? That applies to many, not only in the football world. Richt needs to sit down in front of a mirror and ask himself this question . . . . "Do I believe that the same rules apply to football in 2015 as they did in 2001"?

If his answer is yes, then he needs to be removed. Bought out, thanks and goodbye.

If his answer is no, then admit that the ship was sinking. Some outsiders with a better understanding of SEC football, several recently coaching high school, penetrated what some consider to be and using an old term . . . . "stubborn as a Jackass".

Usually successful folks whether in sports or in the business world, quick to catch on to good hiring practices. Up until 2014, Mark Richt failed half of his time as head coach in Athens. My opinion and I believe it is justified until "shown differently". Ratings that I have seen from those outside the loop . . . . Mark Richt is locked in somewhere close to the 5th best coach in the SEC. Maybe "they" are right. Last SEC Championship? Guess we don't have "talent equal to other SEC football teams. Anyone that believe that last statement is true, take a little time and check the players that have worn the Red and Black and where they finished in the SEC. Then check the number of players from the group mentioned that have gone on to play in the NFL. Maybe that was AM's reasoning. Needed outside coaching help while in college to get drafted.

Makes sense to me.

"Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again" . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67298 by Buc
Find the article below interesting. I have harped about the Columbus, Georgia denial since it was announced. Until today, did not seem to garner much attention from the beat reporters. More public relations work being fed to the fans from those in charge. Richt not there last year, this year zero coaches, not a scheduled stop on the busy schedule of Mark Richt.

Found interesting that Pruitt was there last year. One of the comments below mentions that there was "red meat" coming from Pruitt. Pruitt talks football, Richt, not sure, I get lost when he speaks.

Columbus did not fit into the 4 million dollar Richt schedule. Not a bright move by our head coach and those that try to cover for him. Auburn loves our head coach and his tactics.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/04/16/36728...f-revamped.html?rh=1

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds