Forum

G Day Game

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67265 by growl
Replied by growl on topic G Day Game
I do believe it will be very interesting to see Turman and Chubb in the backfield at the same time, as well as a combination of linebackers that we can throw in. No doubt UGA can wreak havoc in several areas. I'm liking IW at center more and more.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67266 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
Good "stuff" sflanagan21.

Remember well what you posted about #27, watching him in live action in high school.

If Nick Chubb stays healthy, hope coaches are smart enough to use the other running backs that can and will do damage when playing. AJ Turman's foot (toe) has healed completely, fans will get excited more than once when he is in the game.

growl, I have high hopes for #23 Shakenneth Williams. You and I have had a discussion about Shakenneth. He is hands down a football player. The kind of player that BMac also likes. Get healthy young man, you have talents much like Conley. Hands and a serious desire to play on Saturdays.

Also like #80 Charlie Hegedus. Reminds me some of Bennett, and that my friends ain't bad. Another "football player".

From the beginning I have let it be known that I am 100% in Sony Michel's camp. Some players just seem to get dinged up, many times that comes from extra effort . . . . anyone remember AM or Gurley on their last collegiate plays? All of these guys are players.

Here we go again . . . . Lots of talent in Athens . . . . "Now What"? Not being ugly, just asking what I believe to be a serious SEC Football question. I am getting older, have been down this path before, time to put a stop to the past. I also believe that there are coaches in the Classic City that think the same way.

Pruitt on Richt, not allowing another coaching mistake. Ever hear the term, deer in the headlights . . . .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
9 years 1 week ago #67269 by Buc
growl, with you on Isaiah Wynn. No different than those that preceded him, Jones and Boss, needs to be under fire, 92,000+ fans in Sanford Stadium, facing folks that he has not practiced against and television reaching x numbers.

Many say that these players on the offense playing against what appears to be a good defense, should be easier for them when the "real stuff" starts. Anyone that played the game knows that it is "different", regardless of how good the home town defense has been in practice. Friday nights in high school and Saturday's in college, different than game practice.

Wynn has snapped to all three of the "potential quarterbacks" (if we buy into that) should have a good feel for the starting quarterback in September.

There will be "huge, strong players" lining up for Wynn to do battle with, but good offensive line play is like a "gang or street fight" there is help on both sides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
9 years 1 week ago #67271 by Buc
I know that there are some members on this board that did not get the chance to appreciate just how much Erk meant to not only Georgia football, the entire State of Georgia had a special relationship with him. Larry Munson and Erk Russell, folks we were blessed.

Beginning to get some of the same defensive thoughts and feelings that Erk brought with him from Grady High School in Atlanta. Fooled myself with grantham arriving in Athens. Feel much differently about Pruitt/Rocker and Company than any group I have watched in Athens since Erk's football departure. Erk's "heart" never left the Red and Black, and I believe the folks running the defensive side of the ball now are totally committed to accomplish what Erk did. In a short period of time I believe the defensive group of coaches have become "Junkyard Dawgs". I see some of the same things occurring now with the players that have been missing since Erk was coaching in Athens. Have yet to see a video or press clipping from a current player not on board with Pruitt and Company. They believe, what can't I . . . .

Some say when talking about the defense, "wait and see". Just what the hell else can I do but wait and see. I see this . . . . more players that most of the football factories want attending Georgia. Not that long ago, almost to a person on this board and others we were moaning about the talent leaving. Don't think for a minute that Auburn and Alabama don't see what is going on in Athens since the arrival of a new defensive group and a different way of teaching defense since Erk left.

Some might enjoy the read below. Never hurts to reminisce. Too damn bad the "tracks" were blocked from viewing the games on Saturday afternoons. Those were Erk's boys.

On every level, Erk Russell was one Helluva man and the most towering sports figure in the history of our State.

Behold, his immortal words prior to the 1980 National Championship season:

"Gentlemen, the football season of '80 will be my seventeenth as a Georgia Bulldog. During this time there have been many thrilling Saturdays of competition, each with it's individual memories, because each game has it's own personality.

"There are two Saturday traditions and experiences which have remained basically the same throughout the years for me and I would like to share them with you. The first one concerns the railroad track crowd.

These are my people because they love the Dawgs almost as much as I do. Oh, I know they do some crazy things like turn over our opponent's buses sometimes and now and then they throw one another down the bank and into the street below. But they stamp out kudzu and they pull for us to win and that ain't bad.

"If you can get off the bus to cheers of the railroad track crowd and walk down those steps to the dressing room and not be inspired to play football as best you possibly can, something important is missing beneath the Georgia jersey you wear. It is impossible not to be inspired. They choke me up!

"The season of 1980 will be the last for the rairoad track crowd. A great Georgia tradition will have passed with the new addition to our stadium. The view from the tracks will be no more. Your team will be the last Georgia team to be greeted and cheered by the railroad track crowd. Wouldn't it be fitting if their last team was also the best Georgia team ever? Think about it!

"Another Saturday tradition which has meant so much to me over the years can be stated very simply. There ain't nothin' like being a Bulldog on a Saturday night - after winning a football game! I mean like whipping Tennessee's ass to start with, then ten more and then another one. That is the plan. There is no alternate plan."
-Coach Erk Russell
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67272 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic G Day Game
Kind of off the subject but this is leadership Champ talking about being a 2 way player.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Georgia...wo-way-star-36772243

wlayton i believe this is your Bulldogs name.

Some pics of players at G-day:

collegespun.com/sec/georgia-sec/photos-f...bulldogs-spring-game

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago #67273 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G Day Game
Erk larger than life. Loved his Dawgs and the fans.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds