Forum

G Day Game

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67236 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Park
yankeedawg1, the turn around in our offensive line coaching I believe started with Coach Will Friend. Friend took some young pups and turned them into SEC football players.

You mentioned a time or two recently that Rob Sales is high on your list. Words to that effect. At this point, not doubting your words, well chosen and appears to be spot on.

Not long ago this board and others were singing the blues over our talented offensive and defensive linemen crossing borders. Say again, appears the new hires add something to the mix that has been missing for a long time.

Whether the early commits stay true to their commitment, remains to be seen. Also not long ago, we did not have the pleasure of having early commits even mentioning Georgia football, many crossed the Chattahoochee to play.

Again, don't really care about the star ratings, more interested in "solid coaching and recruiting efforts" being made by the new group.

Watched Chris Barnes' Hudl film this morning. Did notice that he will take the "legs/knees" when blocking. Reminds me a lot of the way Tech linemen block.

Also noticed that Alabama offered Chris Barnes. Goes right along with what Rob Sales said in his presser about looking for certain types of body sizes for his offensive line. Like Sales said, "we know what they look like". Offense starts with the snap of the ball, believe the message finally found its way to Athens.

www.sicemdawgs.com/2015/04/3-star-ot-chr...%28Sicemdawgs.com%29
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67238 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Park
Yeah sflanagan said it about Park way before I did, but I am the most recent to say it of the full time posters anyhoo, and no offense taken. Like it or not I am going to say what I believe at least in my eyes.

There are a few here who hold this board up when there is no football. The fair weather posters will be back especially if the going gets good and talk about how much they know about the game and UGA football. Let them talk but Steve you must make sure that they respect the ones who make this board what it is...if you get my drift...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, swampdawg

More
9 years 1 week ago #67239 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic G Day Game
The G-Day game was a venue to invite a few hundred recruits, their relatives and more to a "dog and pony" show.

With the recruit group coming in from a big lunch reception and sitting in 2 prime sections the show commenced.

1. Band playing while they run out on the field. Sent chills down my spine.
2. Lots of warm up so you can see them work.
3. Staged plays with no "rough playing", go easy, no injuries.
4. They did all the generic maneuvers while executing the public playbook.

It was a good show and everybody had a good time.

Go Dwags!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67241 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
After watching the SEC Network replay, one thing I am certain about is our future center. #77 Isaiah Wynn is going to be a really good center, (maybe great) and he will flat get after "anyone" in his face. Second level, linebackers best have their eyes open, head on a swivel, Wynn is just around the corner. Same "nasty attitude" that Ben Jones had. Not sure he will eat the sod, but that is yet to be seen. NFL future for sure.

If . . . . if Tracy Rocker can shore up the inside gaps, our defense is way ahead of last years team. This linebacking group is very talented. ogredawg is spot on about Reggie Carter, his name will be announced many times after a play on the speakers.

Going to add this about Faton Bauta.

Last year our opponents were stacking the defense, not really worried about the deep ball. Watch the gator game for example. I would love to see Faton Bauta at quarterback and the SEC defenses play the same way they did against Hutson Mason. Finally the "talking heads" would find out just what kind of "arm" #10 has. That is not a shot at Hutson Mason, I believe that Richt was trying to cover his butt with his play calling for Mason. Hutson Mason was a good manager, and from where I sit, had talent. Like AM, not sold on the "coaching talent". Truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 1 week ago #67242 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic G Day Game
True the Game was a staged show with a vanilla plsybook...however the speed shown by our

LB's. Very real. No question much improvement from last year on both sides of the ball

Receiving needs fine tuning looking forward to incoming group...Goodwin will play and help

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 1 week ago #67243 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
Picked the following observation up from Yahoo Sports.

CENTER OF ATTENTION: The quarterbacks are in the spotlight, but another key spring battle is the search to replace longtime starting center David Andrews. Isaiah Wynn, a sophomore, started with the first-team offense but had a shotgun snap sail over Ramsey's head on the opening series. Richt said Wynn had similar problems early in the spring and said Brandon Kublanow and Hunter Long also are working at center.

Question . . . .

The University of Georgia Football Team does not have players for two of the very important positions ready to be labeled as "starters". Someone explain to me why we did not have a player ready to step up after "Boss" left.

Maybe I am out in left field, but this kind of thing drives me nuts. Yes I know that other teams have problems such as this. What I do not understand is this . . . . Let's say "Boss" goes down in 2014 . . . . who steps up and takes his place? Hunter Long? If that is the answer, why then is he in a battle for the starting center position? Is Isaiah Wynn that good, or . . . . am I just looking for "coaching answers".

On this board, there have been those that ogredawg mentions that have been a part of Dawgs.com. for a considerable amount of time. This board also was the one board that got the "DEPTH" issue front and center, goes back many years and ogredawg was one of the first. Yes, I keep a vault and can back up what I read and say.

Will say this again . . . . Pruitt/Rocker and Company have changed the way football is "approached" in Athens. Long overdue, much appreciated.

Same as ogredawg, will speak my mind, old timers that have watched Georgia football for many years tend to do that. I call it a "right of passage".

Have I forgotten the game in Columbia, South Carolina last season, nope. Have I forgotten the Tech game in Athens, nope.

See where some are trying to promote the Black Jerseys again. Nick Saban would welcome that. Nuff said on that.

Will say this again . . . . Mark Richt, do what you do best, and many of us understand exactly what that is.

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds