Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67153 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Best news of the week was KM back running in pads at practice. True it was on the side in a green jersey but still encouraging.

The week’s Blue Plate Special for Good Friday-

SP14
HCPQB----WL15

Spring practice 2014…. Where we were in 2014 and what was being said.

This time last year we were getting use to our new DC and looking forward to waving goodbye to the WTF cover two pass defense of Towel Toddy .

Remember CJP saying… you don’t get what you want in life…you get what you earn. Sunshine arrives on our practice fields.

With the return of veteran players and our new recruits I feel safe in saying CJP & CTR along with the help of our other assistant coaches
V 2.0 of our defense with be much improved. Focus on stopping the run is a most and CTR understands it is very important to moving our program forward.

Head Coach will pick our starting QB….however I also feel he will seek the thinking of CBS…final word will be his as it should be.

CBS has run a different spring camp for the QB’s than that of CMB

We have seen all 3 QB’s throwing to receivers at each of our practices at the same time.

Rotate units and keep working.

Several weeks ago I addressed in a post that we either trusted our HC or we didn’t.

Seems he picked correctly IMO… with AM… at the time he was questioned in doing so.

This rodeo is no different…. No matter whom he picks as our starter he will hear voices of disagreement….which falls back to everyone having an opinion. A good thing…

CMR is our HC and will be for the near future which has been discussed at length here and elsewhere.

We need to win with him as HC. Just may happen with this group of assistant coaches.. best chance we have had in years..

Was not going to happen with CWM…CMB… or ..CTG.

Just read that the new UF coach has elected not to name a starting QB until fall camp. Hmmmmmmm………..

Sidebar…… the search for a replacement for DA is going well. CRS will have a center named and up to speed early in fall camp. He will also
continue to building depth on the OL… as long as he is OL coach I do not see us not recruiting and developing players for our OL …a very good thing..

Flash…….. 2016 Four Star OL from Lawrenceville,Ga. commits to the “G” over Michigan,Ohio State,Florida State and others. Welcome E.J. Price.

Keeping the in-state talent home… smile Buc… another ugly along side of Big Country…sweet good job recruiting…

Win-Loss….. 2015

Buc…. I have been mulling your question for several days and keep coming back to the same set of answers to my questions

Will our “O” be better – yes

Will our “D” be better – a stronger yes….

Will we need to score 35 points to win every game…. Don’t think so

Will our ST be better – yes..even without a ST-coach we won’t see a pooch kick anytime soon…which was the HC’s mega BF. With Imac we still have a valid threat ….

I am not in awe of anyone on our schedule ..respect yes…..

Looked at everyone we play (SEC) they all have numerous Issues they are dealing withWe stay healthy and damn funny shaped ball bounces our way just a few more time..and…… Atlanta and beyond…

This is not the kool aid speaking…. I like our coaching staff… and this group of players……."Ya Gotta Believe", Tug McGraw

Pause and give thanks…… Easter Sunday…. Promise kept..

Have a great weekend and a safe week

Masters next week…… time just keeps on pass’n

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67154 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Changes have been made. But Kool aid is still Kool aid any way it is said.

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 11 months ago #67155 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg Good Friday to you Sir hope you have a great weekend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67157 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I don't want to drink the kool aid either.
Each year is opportunity for change.
So hopeful I am.

Good one YD1.

Enjoy the Masters.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67160 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good Morning . . . .

Visiting in Plantation/Davie, Florida, home to Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie.

Price coming on board shows me that someone in Athens has an eye on a section of our football team that needs to be a priority, year after year.

Hoping to have some football talk with some here before returning to Merritt Island.

An Easter blessing, good will wish from me to all. :)

vimeo.com/123998230

Like the fact that Thomas Brown and Rob Sales were the primary recruiters for Price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67161 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Thank you for your Easter wish Buc... have a good visit and a safe trip back to MI

More will be heard from CRS......book it..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds