Forum

Mark Richt's Way, urban meyer"s way . . . . Just Asking

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67146 by Buc
Just another reason that separates urban meyer from Mark Richt. Apparently meyer knows what he is doing, looking at his time in Florida and now Ohio. Whether I like his methods or not concerning the "overall" program, does have those National Championships in both universities show cases.

Belk Bowl anyone . . . .

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday...rback-190102655.html

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2015/04/the-cas...-faton-bauta.html?29

Seems that there are many fans and coaches that believe there is more than one way to play the quarterback position.

Have tried recently to stay away from the Faton Bauta "stuff", however others are not willing to let it go it seems.

Too often I have watched players not getting playing time, I also see the the lack of visits to ATL and the first Final Four. First Final Four many in the media (men that played football) have said and did say at the beginning of 2014 that Georgia should reach great heights. Did not win the SEC East, and we were loaded with talent.

Wonder how well Faton Bauta would do playing for meyer or Malzahn? Both have been to the National Championship game as head coaches. Just asking . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67147 by ogredawg
When Schott came on board it was a statement that the offense would not change other than minor tweaks. They can say all they want about the QB position being open and up for grabs but we all know by now that is not the case. FB has no chance of being the starter. If he does I will say I was wrong...but he should of been the starter last year IMHO. It is BR's job to lose right now anyhoo...

If CMR wanted FB to start he would of said so just like he did with JTIII, Cox and Mason. He would "reward" longevity. FB is the most "senior" QB but has no chance because he does not fit the "style".

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67148 by Buc
Some things being said by the "media" about quarterback play proves a point that has been mentioned on this board before.

Many of the beat writers mention Ramsey and Park. Most photos released for fans to see will usually be #12 or #7.

Find it curious that we don't see Ramsey in the videos being taken by many of those that are predicting him as the starter in 2015.

We were told over and over that the reason Hutson Mason was starting was because he had been in the system a long time and knew the playbook better than the rest.

Seem to remember AM saying that Faton Bauta was really sharp and knew the offensive system backwards and forwards. Faton not unlike AM, spent much of his "off time" in the film room. Personally believe that Bauta caught on to the offense much quicker than did Ramsey. Brings back thoughts of D.J. Schockley and Joe Tereshinski.

There are several defenses in the SEC that will not allow deep patterns that have a high percentage of being completed. Most passes are under 20 yards. Deep completions drive Pruitt nuts.

Under Richt's hand picked defensive coordinator, deep completed routes under Willie Martinez was a team weakness, and on top of that, Willie Martinez "thought" he understood the "Cover Two".

From where I sit, Coach Will Friend knew a solid defensive coordinator. Mark Richt never got it right. Best defensive coordinator prior to Pruitt, BVG. Fact.

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2003-Football/Roster

Bio:

D.J. Shockley is a Dual-Threat Quarterback from Atlanta, GA. He has committed to Georgia Bulldogs.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds