Forum

Curious?

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67106 by Buc
Curious? was created by Buc
Watching the video below, guessing that there will be follow up rather quickly.

First time in a while that I have heard a reporter actually ask the "tough question".

Strange . . . .

Feel there will be a lot of conversation on many sites . . . . More to be said here when I know more.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/03/29/watch...they-dont-mean-much/

Then there was this . . . .

A lot of "names" missing on the stat sheet. Just as it is properly named . . . . Spring practice, a time to find solid backups.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67107 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Curious?
Good Sunday Morning Buc, Not surprisingly spring ball and first scrimmage was "ddifferent"

As you pointed out looking at non starters has taken a new priority...... has a NFL feel with spring

being treated as rookie camp lets coaches see and coach depth building

Sorry to hear of Taylor's problems at Bams. CNS. Tried

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67108 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Curious?
Good "stuff" yankeedawg1.

Much is being said and "artificially" promoted by some in the media about "what might be" later on.

Said before, will say again . . . . Hope every player that ever plays college football is a *****star. When that happens, some in the sports information business can settle down and look at the here and now, and produce real sports reporting.

A lot to be learned if we listen to what our head coach had to say or did not say. Example of that was the number of quarterback sacks. Did not hear or see names listed like, Lorenzo Carter, Leonard Floyd, Jordan Jenkins and others. Also mentions that there were probably more sacks than those listed if it were a "live game practice". Realize that "live" practice when it comes to hitting the quarterback is not allowed this day and time. However, after that, 2015 SEC play starts and quarterbacks become the "trophy".

Spring practice is very important no doubt. Between now and Fall practice is when we find out "who" wants to play in September and maybe beyond. That was the period of time that AM continued on his path to become the leader. Same will apply with this group. Enough of this actual "battle" for headlines from the media about who will be crowned the starting quarterback this season. The three mentioned, I say four, will decide through their actions between now and September.

Taylor is a sick young man. God given size and talent to play in the NFL, unlimited money and the good he could do for those that also need help. NFL has its problems with the Ray Rice thingy, almost impossible for Taylor to ever reach that level.

Also noticed recently that Shaq got his ass chewed out by Petrino. We have had taken our share of "chances" with BMOC coming out of high school. High time we and others wake up and quit playing this silly "star game" that does nothing more than promote "much" of the behavior problems with these teenage players.

I am one of those that still believes that we should go back to years past. First year players play on the JV team, don't care how good you are. If those that think they "know it all" really "knew" . . . . it would first off stop some of the "juvenile problems" that colleges are faced with now. JV player moves up to varsity, not a lot of doubt about talent or "mind set". Bull Pups and Baby Jackets was a welcomed game back in the day. Not a doubt in my mind it would change and prove that the original "formula" of years gone by was a very good formula.

Good Sunday morning to you yd1. Just finished my first Bloody Mary, going back now for seconds. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg, yankeedawg1, gregdawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67109 by Buc
Taylor being mentioned in this thread, think it only right to post this comment from Nick Saban.

Saban refers offering Taylor a scholarship a “university decision”. Nick Saban stated that it was a “decision that got made by a lot of people here.”

Ok, Coach Nick Saban. Come off of your "high damn horse". University of Alabama football decisions rest squarely on your shoulders. You speak, they listen. Own it, stop the BS.

Many things concerning football, I know you are far ahead of most head coaches, many in the conference that you make the "big bucks" in.

Say again, you made the move to bring Taylor in based on winning football games. Second chance my butt, Nick.

This thread title . . . . Curious? Not from where I sit on Nick Saban trying to dodge the TRUTH. Taylor works out at Alabama, you get those pats on the back. He did not, OWN IT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67110 by Buc
From where I sit. Mark Richt does not need to do a victory dance on Taylor being discharged in Tuscaloosa. One of his recruits out of high school, according to some, Taylor was given more than "two strikes" while under Mark Richt.

Some might not like this . . . . getting to the point that I really don't care.

My thought pattern leads me to believe that John Taylor chose Georgia because he "knew" that under Mark Richt a second chance is "always given". Yes, I understand "forgiveness". I also understand that young men out of high school that can move any program forward are issued the "welcome" sign.

Think I am talking out of school? Take a look back through our program and explain to me why the "media" recently has mentioned UGA as a University that believes they can "reform" young men with problems. Disagree with what I just typed, step up, willing to go through "names" that our head coach issued scholarships to . . . . often.

Many of the folks that remain in the Mark Richt camp are quick to mention other universities not having the same hard line on drugs and other things.

Why don't we just accept the fact that we were up until 2014 being led by a head coach that is very wise in "dodging" what I read that most folks want . . . . something like a return visit to Atlanta, or make the Final Four.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67111 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Curious?
Been hashing through all the scrimmage reports and perked up when NC was used only on

3rd down plays so he could work on his pass blocking. Coaching aka teaching with a

Purpose........ asked myself if.... CMB. was still in Athens would our spring practice be

Looking as different as it has thus far on offense. ....not a rap on him.........

Just CBS finger prints. Maybe????? Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds