Forum

Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide

9 years 3 weeks ago #67099 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide
Agree that the QB is the key. Think the D will be even better this year. Given that...

No way we should lose most of these games. 'Bama will be a test of manhood and coaching. For that alone, one loss.

TN, FL, MO, and AU all have ability to win. Think we take three out of four.

We lose to SC, GT, Vandy, or UK, we deserve the season we get.

Two cases: (1) Decent QB play = 2 loss season, (2) Sorry QB play = 4 loss season.

Don't expect it, but I'll add case 3, Surprisingly great QB play = shot at the big time.

I think we have the talent at QB to get "decent" or better play. This is going to come down to coaching. How good is CBS?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67101 by Buc
rockdawg, really like the way you think.

Going to say this, know it will be forgotten come SEC "Real Game Time".

Schottenheimer coming from the NFL, realizes the importance that tightend plays this day and time. We have talent way above average at the position. Today's defenses require offenses to get the ball out quickly. Ask Belichick, a results oriented head coach that has taken tightend play to a new and higher level.

Ramsey will start, has a cannon, actually has wheels. Comes from a high school team that the quarterback was "free" to haul butt when required. Another reason that I like Faton Bauta. Adds another excellent "running dimension" to a offense that keeps defensive coordinators up nights trying to stop the run.

Fact is, if Ramsey slips, especially against the "soft opening games" . . . . look for Park to take over. Park also has wheels.

Anyone believe that Auburn would have accomplished some of the things that they did if their quarterback lacked the ability to run? Silly question on my part. That will continue to be the way Auburn plays football, it is Malzahn's method. Have yet to see his strength of coaching anywhere he has coached not using the "same system".

Same can be said for Richt/Bobo. System has changed little in 14 years. Fact. Much more than having a good or great quarterback in the SEC. More and more we see better offensive line recruiting. Simple fact, it was needed, and took much too long to be addressed. Richt does not have an outstanding history playing against rated teams. There are reasons for that. Leave it alone for now.

Allow me this.

Ramsey does not have to be the BMOC. This is not high school football. Ramsey and the other quarterbacks are surrounded by more talent than I have seen in Athens, maybe ever. Speaking to "overall" talent from a "depth" perspective.

Hocke is going to be a major factor in the final results of 2015. There are many teams with equal talent in the SEC, usually comes down to the "better conditioned team winning".

Stop with this. Bothers me that we have a couple of receivers that seem to have "hammey" problems. That is never a good thing, and in the past some of us tended to ask questions about S&C when the hamstring problems were occurring frequently. Just a thought.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67104 by Buc
I read articles like the one below, does not make me a happy camper. This is our punter talking, better be careful, Ramik Wilson did that and it did not sit well with the head coach.

Do not know if it is Richt stubbornness or a word that I have not seen on this board for a while . . . . "stoopidity". Sorry, I cast my vote for "both".

ogredawg mentioned "Special Teams" first part of this week in a thread. Did not see anyone else voice an opinion on what he said.

ogredawg, our head coach is making over 4 million dollars a year, and I swear, he reminds me of Hillary Clinton. In time, all forget just how remarkably bad one can be and just continue on the same path.

Have to say this. Did not take long for Muschamp to find out that he is not head coach material. Going into our 15th year with Richt and he still refuses to accept the fact that "Special Teams" are an important part in winning football games.

Like it or not folks, facts are facts. Richt cares less about "outside" chatter, he is so damn caught up in himself, the rest truthfully does not matter.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/03/27/colli...ing-huge-difference/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67105 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide
The Vols may sneak up and make a game out of it. Hope not but they might be a sleeper in the East. Don't think Carolina or the gaytors have the skill players to outscore us.

The 2 Alabama teams scare me the most. They match up with us quite well and IMHO are better coached in ALL areas including special teams. Saban very seldom has brain farts unlike you know who. Mahlzan gets the best out of his players and they are going to be real stout on defense. I just do not see us beating either one of them. That might cost us the East and one of the others might sneak by us if we brain fart and lose 3 in conference.

We win the rest.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds