Forum

College Football Playoff Ideas

8 years 3 months ago #72045 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
Don't want 12-20 teams.....like some have posted would water it down.
I like the idea presented of 8 conferences and you win you are in. The only thing I would change a little here is make it the 5 big conferences (SEC, ACC, B1GTen, Pac-14, and Big 12) then , to keep the politics out of it, just pick the 3 highest ranked teams that are left and make them the 6, 7 and 8 seeds.

That way, the regular season still means something, but the teams that may have had 1 slip up or simply went 11-1 but maybe their first lost was in a conference title game would still have a chance.

It would still matter to try to want to win your conference title because if you lose, you are not guaranteed to get in the 8 team playoff, and it would depend on how far you drop. So even though you could lose the conference title game, it would still benefit you to win it or to at least play hard and not get blown out.

To me, 8 is the perfect number that allows a true champion, allows one "bad ref call, injury or bad luck on the field" to not necessarily cost you the season (see Duke).

20 is just too many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #72046 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
If they had the twelve team format the 5-12 seed games would have been Iowa/ole miss, tcu/Stanford, NC/ohio st, and nd/fsu. Pretty good matchups that would be heavily watched.

I wish college football was less like the nfl also. The first step would be to only allow guys on the teams that could be accepted academically to the schools. The football would not be as good, and id be okay with that.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72053 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic College Football Playoff Ideas

Wartdawg wrote: Amen DFD...

We may stand alone but "more like the NFL" doesn't interest me at all.

^^^^^ Yes!^^^^^

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds