Forum

Early Ranking and comment

9 years 1 month ago #66994 by ogredawg
Early Ranking and comment was created by ogredawg
Scout has their early rankings out and I think they pretty much hit the nail on the head. Enough talent to be a top 15 team but not enough experience to crack the top 10. Talks about key losses which is not anything new over the past 3-4 years.

12. Georgia
Biggest Positive: The secondary that was so young comes back loaded, losing S Damian Swann but getting everyone else back. RB Nick Chubb should be in the hunt for the Heisman if he can stay in one piece working behind a strong O line.
Biggest Negative: Who’s the quarterback going to be? Four key parts are gone from the defensive front seven, and WRs Michael Bennett and Chris Conley are done. There might be just enough key losses to keep the Dawgs from winning the SEC.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66995 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Early Ranking and comment
I'm not as worried about the defensive front seven or wide receivers, because they're BOUND to find a diamond there, even if it IS in the rough. Diamonds in the rough win D1 football games.

HOWEVER. The fact that the HC can't even name - no WORSE - can't even be sure that AFTER spring ball he'll be ABLE to name - a starter at the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD - THAT is enough to keep us out of championship contention. You played one of those guys a few times last year, he's got a strong arm - and you STILL can't name or even can't think you'll be ABLE to name a starter?! THAT is a problem.

And that should NOT have happened.

:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 1 month ago #66996 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Early Ranking and comment
The saddest part of the narrative is not that CMR cannot name his QB until whenever... it's that he is not indecisive over an embarrassment of riches, but over the poverty of no clear D1 winner in several years of recruiting the best and brightest. I think BR has the arm, and FB has the legs, and who knows what Park has, but I did not see "winner" with BR in game situations. I hope that a year of HM, who is a DGD but not a stud QB, has not lowered the bar in Athens.

I still hope one of them may break out. They are all talented athletes; we just need the one who can step into a game and take it over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 1 month ago #66998 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Early Ranking and comment
rockdawg....IMO this is why CBS and CMR do not want to name a starter after the G-game.. CBS has given a To Do list for all three

for summer workouts.... as you say he wants to see who does their homework... all three have skills who will take the bit and run

will sort itself out. CMB had ideas but that now goes to CBS...who worked with some quality NFL QB's so we trust or we don't

as I posted in my Friday Thoughts.... been said that it will be harmful that we won't have our a starter working with the

receivers this summer... yes however.... with all the new receiving hands coming in it will provide an opportunity to see who wants

to do the extra work..... chemistry.... what would happen if our named started worked all summer with the receivers and first day of

fall camp he blows a hamstring??? next man up.... extra work to get up to speed..

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 1 month ago #66999 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Early Ranking and comment
YD1,

Good point. Let's hope that CBS arrival will invigorate all three to give it their all for the position. They will all benefit from the competition, and the rest of the team will benefit seeing a young pup put it all on the field to win a position. Someone who will do that will leave it all on the field to win a game.

Good luck to all of them and let's hope the best man wins. Hopefully CBS's experience in the NFL will slide seamlessly over to NCAA.

I do like that they all seem like team guys, not me guys. Hope that's what we see this spring and summer. I don't mind the delay until the season per se - it worked pretty well for 'bama - I guess the problem is that none of us see CMR in the same way we see CNS.

PS. Thanks for the regular Friday updates. Staple of this site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds