Forum

Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?

9 years 1 month ago #66991 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Preparation is the exact word that lacks. 2 years ago it was the O line that was unprepared and lack of experience, this year it was the D back field that was unprepared due to lack of experience, this year it will be the QB and Receiving corps that will lack preparation and experience and that spells D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. The names and positions change but not anything else.

Now say you were Ramsey and Park, (I exclude Bauta because he has no chance of competing) and all the talk is about 2016 and how Jason Eason is coming in to save UGA football. The starting QB job is just about handed to him and he is not even out of high school. How would you feel if you were a QB at UGA? Also the reports on Eason are that he will take a lot of time and work to develop because he is a gunslinger whose footwork and arm motion are very suspect and he tends to force the ball to the receiver. Something you can get away with in HS but not in the SEC. He has the raw tools but needs lots of work. Not my words but reports on him have stated this. But he is being christened the QB to save UGA. Wonder where the so called sports journalist get their info? duh....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #66992 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
ogredawg, been around Georgia football as have you for a long time.

Since the internet got its first breath, never have I seen as much Public Relations work coming out of Athens concerning Georgia Football.

Like you, don't doubt that Eason has a big arm. Can't say for sure what I will say now is spot on, but . . . . Is the competition as good in the State of Washington as it is in Georgia, Florida or the Southeast in general? Just asking a question that I believe qualifies when the talking heads and beat reporters want to assign *****'s beside these young men's names.

Many young men that play high school football in the Southeast and other areas come to a rude awakening when they are recruited and get to play in the SEC.

Do not believe that you or I are against Eason, or any other high school football player that decides to put the cleats on in the SEC. Good example of that in my mind is Trenton Thompson. While he might be "all that" in Georgia High School Football, same applies, not the SEC being played in high school.

Seem to remember a couple of young players that were headed to Athens, however Garner left for Auburn and the players changed direction. Same group of players and coach that got it handed to them in 2014 by the Red and Black. What happened soon after that butt kicking, Gus went looking for a Defensive Coordinator. Guess that Garner was not ready for that job, same thing happened to him in Athens.

Problem in Athens, strong leadership was needed. Seems many coaches believe that building depth is the answer, and they were hired for what . . . . replacements . . . . or because they have a different approach to how and why football needs to change in Athens.

From where I sit, there is not a good reason for our football team to do anything but win the East side of the SEC. Our head coach likes to say that, win the East, has said that for many years. We lost a center (a very good one) and we enter the 2015 Season not prepared at the quarterback position. Said earlier in a post that I was scratching my head, nothing has changed at this point.

Pruitt/Rocker and Company were brought in to make the defense work. We will see.

Schottenheimer was brought in to make the offense work. Last time I looked, offense had all the parts needed to win the East. We will see.

No more excuses from the head coach or the Public Relations folks, talent on both sides of the ball, just need this . . . . Coach them up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds