Forum

Is Hutson Mason a DGD?

9 years 1 month ago #66939 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
Interesting question Buc. Would not be the first time the good cop. Bad cop has been

Used.... However, IMO. There is a very least a riff between the two

No secret CMR was not happy with Mac's handling of the CMB departure. Also Mac's

Slow dance on the IPF.... not sure if HC made a call to Prez. Or Prez stepped up on his own

But things were unraveling quickly and Mac was not in control.

Have not seen the 2 in a photo opt in moons.....hummmmm, Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66940 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
yankeedawg1, after reading your post. Makes sense to me in more ways than one.

My main thought is this . . . . how are we to expect to be better prepared when there is a "fight" coming from those that are supposed to control same. Again, don't care about the problems other universities are having, have had a miserable time trying to reach some kind of conclusion with our current lack of leadership.

"Comparisons" . . . . many times in my life have seen "comparisons" used to protect the castle.

That has been a major tool by the media to reinforce their position.

Right now the media and too many Georgia folks are "looking outward" not "looking inward".

I suggest someone break the "Richt Rule" on the "offensive side" of the football.

Pruitt/Rocker and Company sure as heck have done that on the defensive side.

The talent that is now in Athens, with different leadership . . . . would love to see the results that could or should be reached. Have to say this again . . . . I choose not to be played the same way that all of us have been played. Some are ok with getting close, some of us have different thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 1 month ago #66941 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
"He stayed 5 years and was a team player so yes he is/was a DGD but not the best QB on the team in 2014..."

Fair enough. I think I've said before that he went to the same HS as my sons, 2 years older than my older son, 4 years ahead of my "dawgs' fan". Even though he set all kinds of Georgia passing records, I was still surprised that he signed with Georgia. I think I said at the time-"That's cool, but he won't ever start." He benefited from the system and having some great weapons, including Lutzenkirchen. Considering his mobility he was too short, considering his size, he wasn't mobile enough to be a great SEC QB. imo

Having gone through competitive baseball with my "dawgs fan", I really understand what a huge step it is to go from level to level.
From being all world in Cobb County to being an SEC stud is about as big as a step as you can get.

• dawgs_fans_dad
  • dawgs_fans_dad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66942 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
One thing that I really admired about Hutson Mason was "not ducking" when confronted by the press. He answered questions, tried his best to "cover for others". Stand up guy.

Hutson did set records, but I will never accept what Mark Richt said basically after the fact . . . . Head coach said that Hutson needed to "let'er rip". "Signal Calling" from film room to practice field to Saturday between the Hedges . . . . Hutson Mason was doing exactly what he was told to do . . . . manage the game. Coaches knew that a lot of talent surrounded Mason, enough talent to be able to keep Richt's promise to the 5th year player.

Sorry folks, head coach doing the "CYA" thing.

More
9 years 1 month ago #66956 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Is Hutson Mason a DGD?
Absolutely! I'll never question Mason's DGDedness! His skill set, yes! His commitment to UGA, nope!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds