Forum

Jarvis Jones and Roquan Smith Play Between the Hedges

9 years 1 month ago #66895 by Buc
Really enjoy well written articles, especially like the one below.

When I first pulled the article up, thought here we go again, continuing to keep the Roquan Smith "thingy" open. What I read in the article did not take me down that (other) path. While some of the LOI "stuff" was mentioned, article moves along to what this young player and coaches will figure out soon. Georgia football.

I don't for a minute believe that the defensive coaches will "give" Roquan anything. I also don't believe for a minute that Roquan wants or expects any "freebies". Good for coaches and player.

Lots of talent in Athens, 2015 Class adds to the depth. Soon all boards will light up when the battle for positions starts on March 15th in Athens.

Will say this . . . . reminds me a bit of Jarvis Jones signing on with a West Coast Team (USC). UCLA was after Roquan Smith, looks as if another very good prospect will play between the Hedges. Pleased.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2378168-geor...w-about-roquan-smith

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66896 by yankeedawg1
After all the smoke cleared it would seems that there is more to RS than what came across on NSD.

He flat out was lied to on several fronts. He wanted to be a business major...duh UCLA offers no undergraduate

degree. Second his coach bugs out and does not tell him while Mora acts like no big deal.

He called himself out for not looking deeper in to his major not being offered. His bad...

I wish him well... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago #66897 by Buc
yd1, Roquan now wears the Red and Black. Did not like what I read and watched earlier when the "stuff" was going on. Said so, on this board.

There will be more of that is my guess yd1.

Roquan will now be faced with something that he has not been faced with in his young life. The practices that he will be a part of, the talent on the same side of the ball, and the other side, not something that he has played against before.

Roquan has a God given gift, not all young men are blessed with the talent that he and players like he and Jarvis Jones have.

I am proud of the fact that after all of the "stuff" that surrounded "many" of us and Roquan, have heard from one person that said Roquan is going to be a special player in the SEC.

Anyone that doubts our defensive coaches are after speed, and the ability to play the "take away game" . . . . (interceptions) guess it can and will be discussed in 2015.

Believe that Pruitt will have him playing several positions. Pruitt will make sure that Roquan Smith can play both of the safety positions. Bet that. With Roquan Smith's speed and hands, folks like Alabama and Auburn have to know where he is. That is taking nothing away from the talent that I see on board in 2015. Yes, nickel also. Down to the playbok now.

One more year of a very talented recruiting group . . . . defense will probably be fun to watch. Not saying next year, there is enough talent now to play football in the SEC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds