Forum

Coaching Changes Were Needed . . . . A+ on "Newbies"

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66883 by Buc
Not going to call players by “name” in this thread.

Continue reading about these high school players actually adding Georgia to their choices when discussing SEC schools.

No that long ago, when we would have our hopes set on one or two players. My, my how things change, in a short period of time.

Anyone reading this remember when there was as much “pro Georgia” talk coming from these young men?

The “Building Blocks Program” that is going on in Athens matches any prior year or years that I can remember. If I am off base, bring me back, but bring facts with you.

Offensive side of the ball is now being caught up with by the defensive side of the ball. Hard for me to imagine both sides playing up to SEC standards. Has not been done in 7 or 8 years. Even before that, the SEC was not as strong as it is now.

While we could very well be in the middle of the pack, that in my opinion comes from a past that is littered with mistakes that were “overlooked” then. There are some coaches on campus now that don't buy into the “Georgia Way” as it was once laid out.

What and why have our recruiting methods changed? I know, what about you?

I will answer the above question. We have some folks coaching the game in Athens now, and they will not allow those that have been in the way for far too long to remain there and prevent a different way to approach SEC football.

Took 14 years, however we can now believe that we have what has been needed for the Red and Black for at least 14 years. Some backbone from the "newbies".

Mike Bobo gone. Will Friend gone.

Now you and I get to watch “change”, if that be the case.

Keep building that “depth”, same way it has been done in Tuscaloosa since Nick Saban arrived. Maybe we are finally getting it right.

For sure we have not reached the heights that all of us want in 14 previous years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds