Forum

Offensive Change of Pace . . . . Rob Sales

9 years 2 months ago #66870 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Offensive Change of Pace . . . . Rob Sales
Bama Gang. That is a very strong common thread.. as I have posted before. This group is just not copying what others

Have done. they are adding their own ideas and pushing ahead. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #66872 by Buc
yd1, where I come from it is said like this . . . . "Stand Up Guys".

Not a doubt in my mind that Pruitt stood up when bringing the IPF to the forefront. He knew exactly what he was doing. Still has McGarity looking for Public Relations "help".

Tracy Rocker, those that don't know at this point will soon see why Pruitt wanted Rocker.

Have read comments where the defense loaded up this recruiting cycle. Does not surprise me, those that understand SEC football know that you better play defense. What the coaches on the defensive side of the ball are doing is simple enough, football 101. Building depth. Coaching Up. Anyone that thinks there won't be more of the same coming in future recruiting efforts, better look closer at the coaching staff.

Don't tell anyone folks . . . . Mark Richt bought in the day Will Friend pointed him in the right direction. Also, whether we were pro or con on Mike Bobo, McGarity pissed Mark Richt off and now the sides of pro and con have been established. Public Relations group taking to convince folks that McGarity and Richt are on the same page, guess again. Richt is on the same page with Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Bet that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregdawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66873 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Offensive Change of Pace . . . . Rob Sales
Buc,

You hit the nail on the head. Had hopes for Ramsey, but saw too much of the "deer in the headlights" in the bowl game. Maybe he had a bad day, but to be a successful D1 QB, you have to have a mind that sees situations and tells your body what to do in fractions of a second. You also have to have the intangibles that make you a winner, not just good at racking up stats. As we saw last year, a bad play or a bad game can make the difference in the season. I just have not seen either yet from Ramsey. Hope we do. Or hope Park is the guy. Or Faton. Right now, this is our Achilles Heel going into next year.

I hope CBS can do with QB what CJP and company did with the D. I saw glimpses of the junkyard Dawgs last season, and the absence of perpetual confusion and towel waving was a big part of that. Considering the obstacles and the results, I give the D coaching staff an A for last season. Looking for A+ this year.

Encouraged with the new hires so far. But they'll have to prove it on the field. Good thing is, I think they understand that. Think CTB was a steal, and just wish we could get Hines back too. Players with grit and character turn into men with grit and character. And that resonates with the young pups and recruits.

Excited for the season. We have a schedule that will demand respect and I think there will be less yammering about the West playing like they belong in the NFL. Tenn will be tough. Gators bouncing back. Missouri same overperforming group, and you can never turn your back on the Codger in Columbia. We CAN beat them all. Hope the coaches are up to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 months ago #66874 by Buc
rockdawg, you present some thoughts in your post that I will read more than once. From where I sit, wish you were here more, great perspective. Not talking out of your . . . .

We are as close to the term "Junkyard Dawgs" as we have been since Erk left. You mention players playing for their coaches, paraphrased. Back in the day Erk would try and run through a wall for his players, they would do the same. Seeing some of that now being taught on the defense.

I have been upset with the Faton Bauta situation in Athens. Make no bones about it. Same remarks were made when Bauta was running the Scout Team. Players saying he was a football player. Same being said now about Jacob Park. What bothers me a bit is too much talk about the quarterback that is a ways off before wearing the Red and Black. Appears he has it all, if so, get with it. Bauta does not have a hope in Athens, say again, can only imagine Faton running Gus Malzahn's offense, and had he went there, he would be starting now.

I believe that Hutson Mason gave us everything he had. I truly believe that. I also believe that Faton Bauta was/is a better quarterback. Tired of Georgia Football being so damn political. Until such time as coaching decisions improve, we will have disappointments.

Thomas Brown, as ogredawg said in another thread . . . . Great hire. I agree with him and you. Thomas Brown is a "stand up guy". Good moves made with Bryan McClendon and Thomas Brown. Our running backs just got another shot of "Grown Man Football". Bryan McClendon, will be perfect with our wide outs.

Not to forget . . . . never, ever let our offensive line go through the "stuff" that those before this group had to endure. Total collapse on the recruiting efforts prior to Will Friend. Friend's "star" rose quickly when he coached this group of players up. Anyone think that this "Will Friend" group had anything to do with Nick Chubb's success? Won 10 games and the opposing teams knew that we were going to run the football. Somebody sure as hell were getting the job done with their hands in the dirt. Threw a lot of "short stuff", that allowed the defensive backs to move forward. Also tells us just how good this group of running backs are.

Stop Buc.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds