Forum

Let's talk playoff's

9 years 3 months ago #65998 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's talk playoff's
growl, think maybe the early lead convinced many of the 5 star players that the game was in the bag.

Did notice and the question was asked down this way why Kiffin stopped running the football. Derrick Henry was running with authority but it appeared that Kiffin looked at the early lead and shifted his game plan.

One other "little thing" . . . . Bama's offensive line is not as good this year as was the case in the recent past.

Another question that I have. Nick Saban is recognized as the defensive backs coach on a day to day basis, does not mean he does not keep a keen eye on everything else. What is going on with coverage?

Another point to make about Auburn. Their offensive line did not stack up with the 2013 line. 2013 Season, anything ran behind the left offensive tackle was a guarantee of success.

I will continue to harp about the offensive line at Georgia, hoping that I don't see our head coach slipping back to old ways. Players that are good and great in college football playing on the offensive line have a better chance of placing more bodies in the NFL than the running back position. Football is changing. Some coaches will stay ahead of the game, others will have memory lapses.

Have to say this . . . . Nick Chubb is all that. I am afraid that he is carrying the ball way too much, and only bad things come to those that are used too much.

Remember Mark Richt recently saying that you cannot have too many running backs? I remember and the statement did not sit right with me. Took it to mean "victory at any cost". Just plug the next running back in. Wonder how much Gurley's injury cost him the last game he played? Seems to me that Gurley running the ball against the Gamecocks would be the place to use him. Not trying to open old wounds on this board, just things that I look at and wonder why sometimes. Questions that our head coach is not "thinking through". Guess getting to 10 wins means job security.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66001 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Let's talk playoff's
With you Buc, just goes to show that you can be so full of yourself that you lose sight of your objective. Looks like the whole Sec West lost sight with the exception of Arkansas.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds