Forum

Leadership Lacking in Athens

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65597 by Buc
Leadership Lacking in Athens was created by Buc
Seems UGA fans have a hard time with improvement.

I see where many think Mike Bobo leaving would come close to destroying our program. Program already has serious problems.

Whether or not we agree or disagree with Bobo's play calling, might want to view that in another way. Mike has been our offensive coordinator for x number of years. Reason for the x . . . . not sure what percentage of the calls Mike was making from day one as the offensive coordinator.

Could very well be that Mike Bobo has become a better play caller than Mark Richt. Could very well be that Mark Richt gets involved at the wrong time in games. Don't have to go into great detail about game winning or losing decisions. All of us have watched the games from Sanford Stadium or television.

Some are questioning whether money is the issue. If I were the offensive coordinator and my side of the ball was putting a lot of points on the board, still not winning games that should be in the win column, I have a problem with my pay scale. Especially when I am under the watch of Richt/McGarity.

I look at what I have done on the recruiting trail if I am Mike Bobo. Like Mike Bobo and his play calling or not, his recruiting of very talented players rivals the best, and yes that includes Alabama, Florida or . . . .

What I believe I see going on in Athens under present management is a very comfortable group of people that have for too long ran the program much like it has been run for more than 14 years. Hard for me to understand a head coach making close to 4 million dollars a year, and that number basically is equal to what "all" of the assistant coaches make. My question to those at the feet of Mark Richt is . . . . can you explain to me what he is doing that overshadows the rest of the coaching personnel.

I am also one of the "outsiders" that believes there is a problem in Athens that thus far has been covered up by those at the top. When reading McGarity's remarks, he is skillful at "passing the buck". Listening to Richt, not sure what he is trying to say. Jere Morehead, Adams appointee.

Back to this . . . .Nick Saban has had "several" top notch assistants leave his program, most of which have done very well. Replacements are brought in (by Saban) and the team does not seem to miss a beat. Still wins the Crystal and is in the "fight" until the end. Have anything to do with coaching and leadership? New offensive coordinator in 2014, and where is the Alabama team at this point? Preparing to face off with Ohio State in the Final Four.

Mike Bobo leaving will not change how our program is run, anyone thinking that truly does not understand. My guess is that Mike Bobo is leaving because of this . . . . some of the "stoopid" spit he has watched over many years, and guess what . . . . let's pooch kick against GT. Just one of many reasons to point to if Bobo leaves. Next up on the chopping block, Jeremy Pruitt. McGarity is still seething over Pruitt's remarks about the Indoor Practice Facility.

One more time . . . . there is "serious unrest" in Athens. Believe we are going to see more abandoning ship . . . . why not, who wants to play for second place in the East, more than once. Players deserve better, and living room visits don't always produce.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65599 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Leadership Lacking in Athens
The only UGA administrator that can fix things is the president of UGA. The athletic dept is under his direct supervision and operates separately from the rest of the school.

Change comes from the top. When the athletic dept is not working he has to fix it. Clean out top people who are too ingrained and owe favors to their buddies. Bringing in a new crew would just about do it.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65600 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Leadership Lacking in Athens

stevedawg wrote: The only UGA administrator that can do that is the president of UGA. The athletic dept is under his direct supervision and operates separately from the rest of the school.

Change comes from the top. When the athletic dept is not working he has to fix it. Cleaning out top people who are too ingrained and owe favors to a new crew would just about do it.

Steve you are right.

Adams was and is huge on Mark Richt, main reason that Richt is our head coach. At this point, trying to see what is happening and why. Not impressed with what McGarity has to offer.

Thought Dawg With Style might be opening a thread like he usually does concerning playing our opponent a week in advance. Have found that it is a good lead in to ogredawg's game day thread. C'mon DWS. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65604 by stevedawg
I am still dealing with the poor clutch play calling. Trying to move on. Not being too successful.
It is apparent and has been going on for a while. Not just a play that didn't work, the last one was just a plain stupid call against Tech. That dang kick off. A total surprise. Not to our opponent but to fans who are interested in the play calling strategy.
The way I see it is that I can forgive endlessly. Can the Dawgs change and quit making big dumb mistakes that need forgiving? I'd rather be winning and it seems all we have to do is quit making stupid clutch calls. :whistle:

That has set off this discussion. It is painful for many Dawg supporters. It will all clear up in January then we have to go with what we have. Changes? maybe. Either way it will be a new year!

Go Dawgs!

9 years 3 months ago #65611 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Leadership Lacking in Athens
Steve.. personally I've decided our play calling is fine until Richt starts playing with the talk button on his headphones.

Just my opinion, but he has done things like admit HE is the one who made the pooch kick call.

We need a special assistant to the coach who follows him around and pulls the cable on him during the last 5 minutes of any half, or game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago #65612 by stevedawg
Yep, MR is a good man. No doubt. He steps right up and says he did the pooch.

WD, I like it.

Other idea: He is head coach, make that a management, hands off game day, position. Get a play calling gun slinger for the game coach.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds