Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 4 months ago #65586 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc I never thought that your posts are all gloom and doom. You choose your words carefully. Your passion for the red and black are the drive wheels of your comments

Add this to what has and is happening to college football and you are getting hit from two directions

Quite and without fanfare more players our taking on leadership roles

Going forward there will be much discussion about anything changing in Athens

I come to believe that some feel that winning is the only sign of real change

Me I stop and notice changes like our OL this year....found out today that Pyke played the Tech game with a bad case of the flu. 102 temp and 3 IV's. Use your word. Leadership. He and with KH return will keep the right side paving the way for our RB in 2015

We also picked up a stud LB from the UAB program who will be able to play immediately

Success will find it's way to the Classic City. In. Spite of CMR. or because of him.

I know we are always saying wait until next year..... 12 other SEC teams are sayin the same thing at this time

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65589 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc I never thought that your posts are all gloom and doom. You choose your words carefully. Your passion for the red and black are the drive wheels of your comments

Add this to what has and is happening to college football and you are getting hit from two directions

True. Positive when good things happen, like after Mizzou, Arky, Auburn. Honest when they don't. USCe, UF, GT and calling it like you see it on the big picture.

Still like the change in vibe Pruitt has brought. Whether it's enough to overcome the "10 win/Top 10" culture remains to be seen. Let's see if we get a decent effort in Charlotte, or if it's UCF all over again.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65590 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
This is all I have to say about next year is I hope Malcom Mitchell finally is 100 percent healthy will be great to actually see his full potential.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65591 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Dawg With Style wrote: This is all I have to say about next year is I hope Malcom Mitchell finally is 100 percent healthy will be great to actually see his full potential.

DWS, really like the way Malcom has embraced college life and those that support what he is doing outside of football.

Mitchell in good health is in my opinion next to impossible to cover. Important that Mitchell and the new quarterback get on the same page. Summers can be a productive time for young players to get "to know" each other.

dawgs_fans_dad, I am certainly in the group, not the "Group", the group of fans and backers that like a coach such as Pruitt that spells it out. Too bad for us I am thinking, not feeling a long term stay for Jeremy Pruitt. Pruitt speaks when he has something important to say. He came out after the gator game and had his say, same is true for the Indoor Practice Facility and recruiting. Pruitt is on the recruiting trail and he damn sure knows what others say about our facilities, or lack of. What reason is that for McGarity to get his panties in a wad? It is called self preservation.

Some will say that he should have kept it in house . . . . I say that "keeping it in house" has led to many of the problems that we are faced with at this point in time. There are several on the defensive side of the ball that will not "kneel down" to the way things have been.

Seems often we (you and I) are looking for positive change in Athens. I truly believe that what I have watched for too long has not been positive change. As you mention in your post above . . . . is a 9-3 2014 Season a "positive change"? When I look at the 3 games we lost, fail to see anything positive from the coaching staff, primarly the leader that has me believing all is well in the Classic City.

Anyone remember what Coach Ekeler had to say about the Indoor Practice Facility? We have a chance to change, but we have an Athletic Director that pulls hard on the bridle.

I add the link below for this reason. Amazing what we can teach an animal, but cannot get through the thick heads that are too set in their ways in Athens. Take five minutes and watch the video, then compare what you see in the video to what "some" of us have not seen in years in Athens. Those of us that refuse to join the "Sheeple Brigade".

Edit . . . . Food for thought.

Pulled from the article below. Squeaky Wheel does bring attention to "hard heads".

At any rate, the project is moving forward and it will happen – perhaps not at Pruitt’s preferred pace, but it won’t be long either. Pruitt’s message was intended much more for recruits than McGarity anyway. It’s no coincidence that the staff is being very public about the coming facility after a chilly weekend on which Georgia hosted one of the most star-studded collection of prospects to visit Sanford Stadium. They’re responding to the messaging that’s being put out by other schools and feedback they’ve received from prospects.

Highlighted red type above . . . . Is that not what Jeremy Pruitt said previously? McGarity, leave the football coaching to those that "truly" want to see UGA move forward, it is not all about the money . . . . is it?

www.dawgsonline.com/2014/11/19/on-the-pr...facility-power-play/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 4 months ago #65592 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc I love the horse reference but my experience horses are a lot smarter than people.

Looks like Gaillard has done a 180 he will be a beast next year Rocker got him headed in the right direction.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65593 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc I love the horse reference but my experience horses are a lot smarter than people.

Looks like Gaillard has done a 180 he will be a beast next year Rocker got him headed in the right direction.

Haven't read anything on Gaillard DWS, will try and find. He was highly recruited. Thanks for the horse statement, I tend to agree in many situations.

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds