Forum

Deja' VooDoo !!!!

9 years 3 months ago #65562 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!
I don't buy that either Buc

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65563 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!
Coaching is a business just like any other business. Just because you get a better offer for more money or better working conditions don't see that as being a prostitute. Say CMR left tomorrow and Smart became the HC would he be called a prostitute for moving to UGA...business is business

Bobo may have been told some things to make it worth his while for him to stick around...maybe some things that are not truthful but HE believes them...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 3 months ago #65564 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!
Imo, it is not always about the money.

I'm in the money business and want to make plenty like everybody else does but there IS some things more important than making money. My brother/partner and I have been offered numerous times to "walk across the street" to another firm for serious money up front but we feel there are just too many factors that are more important than the money to move etc.

No, imo money isn't everyting to everyone. Security sure, but to many people, there are certainly other things to consider.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65565 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!
wlayton, if Mike Bobo is obviously happy, find it curious that he is looking elsewhere. Understand that he wants to move up. That in my mind is not at the bottom of this conversation. Can only speak for myself.

Takes me to this . . . . I believe/know that Mike Bobo has been "loyal" to the University of Georgia. No reason for me to think differently. Taking that a step further, and this is where the rubber meets the road . . . . apparently those above him are "loyal" to Mike Bobo as long as he will accept less than other offensive coordinators that are employed by universities with much less "coin" than our university has and "controls".

Appears to me that there has been a lot of "bait and switch" going on in the hands of those who do not seem to appreciate anything other than money in the vault.

McGarity/Richt did not seem to have a problem with the contract that they extended to grantham after he made the trip to Louisiana. That in my mind backs McGarity/Richt into a corner . . . . what they did for a defensive coordinator that in my opinion was not "loyal" to UGA, received a handsome raise.

I will certainly be watching to see how this plays out under Richt/McGarity.

You said below and I don't think there is any disagreement on what you said.

Bobo is obviously happy, his family must be happy in Athens...good on him imo that he has been loyal to the university.

Turn about is fair play.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65566 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!

ogredawg wrote: Coaching is a business just like any other business. Just because you get a better offer for more money or better working conditions don't see that as being a prostitute. Say CMR left tomorrow and Smart became the HC would he be called a prostitute for moving to UGA...business is business

Bobo may have been told some things to make it worth his while for him to stick around...maybe some things that are not truthful but HE believes them...

Unbelievable......I'm not saying taking a better job/situation etc is a freakin prostitute but there ARE many coaches/people in the world that are.....to many people, money is ALL that matters.

Moving higher in life with promotions etc in your example is NOT money prostitution.....give me a break.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago #65567 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Coaching is a business just like any other business. Just because you get a better offer for more money or better working conditions don't see that as being a prostitute. Say CMR left tomorrow and Smart became the HC would he be called a prostitute for moving to UGA...business is business

Unbelievable......I'm not saying taking a better job/situation etc is a freakin prostitute but there ARE many coaches/people in the world that are.....to many people, money is ALL that matters.

Moving higher in life with promotions etc in your example is NOT money prostitution.....give me a break.

you used the word not I. Just a response to your post meant nothing by it. No need to get your panties in a wad over a reply on the interweb...

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds