Forum

Deja' VooDoo !!!!

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65566 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!

ogredawg wrote: Coaching is a business just like any other business. Just because you get a better offer for more money or better working conditions don't see that as being a prostitute. Say CMR left tomorrow and Smart became the HC would he be called a prostitute for moving to UGA...business is business

Bobo may have been told some things to make it worth his while for him to stick around...maybe some things that are not truthful but HE believes them...

Unbelievable......I'm not saying taking a better job/situation etc is a freakin prostitute but there ARE many coaches/people in the world that are.....to many people, money is ALL that matters.

Moving higher in life with promotions etc in your example is NOT money prostitution.....give me a break.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65567 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Coaching is a business just like any other business. Just because you get a better offer for more money or better working conditions don't see that as being a prostitute. Say CMR left tomorrow and Smart became the HC would he be called a prostitute for moving to UGA...business is business

Bobo may have been told some things to make it worth his while for him to stick around...maybe some things that are not truthful but HE believes them...

Unbelievable......I'm not saying taking a better job/situation etc is a freakin prostitute but there ARE many coaches/people in the world that are.....to many people, money is ALL that matters.

Moving higher in life with promotions etc in your example is NOT money prostitution.....give me a break.

you used the word not I. Just a response to your post meant nothing by it. No need to get your panties in a wad over a reply on the interweb...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65568 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!

Buc wrote: wlayton, if Mike Bobo is obviously happy, find it curious that he is looking elsewhere. Understand that he wants to move up. That in my mind is not at the bottom of this conversation. Can only speak for myself.

Takes me to this . . . . I believe/know that Mike Bobo has been "loyal" to the University of Georgia. No reason for me to think differently. Taking that a step further, and this is where the rubber meets the road . . . . apparently those above him are "loyal" to Mike Bobo as long as he will accept less than other offensive coordinators that are employed by universities with much less "coin" than our university has and "controls".

Appears to me that there has been a lot of "bait and switch" going on in the hands of those do not seem to appreciate anything other than money in the vault.

McGarity/Richt did not seem to have a problem with the contract that they extended to grantham after he made the trip to Louisiana. That in my mind backs McGarity/Richt into a corner . . . . what they did for a defensive coordinator that in my opinion was not "loyal" to UGA, received a handsome raise.

I will certainly be watching to see how this plays out under Richt/McGarity.

You said below and I don't think there is any disagreement on what you said.

Bobo is obviously happy, his family must be happy in Athens...good on him imo that he has been loyal to the university.

Turn about is fair play.

Buc, in your 1st sentence. There can be a big difference in being happy and satisfied. While he may be happy in Athens there is no reason to not want to move up in one's profession. He should look at opportunities with an "open mind", why wouldn't he want to move up? I'm "redundantly" saying that maybe, just maybe, MONEY isn't the MAIN factor is all......maybe "success" in one's profession is a big motivator....money usually will take care of itself.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago #65569 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!
The question in my mind is do you want to be an OC in the high profile SEC or do
you want to take a big risk by stepping out... and stepping out to the Mountain West.

I doubt anyone can recruit the type of O-talent that saves Richt's bacon every season
out there.

My guess is that the issue might be Bobo thinks a better opportunity will come around if he
stays here a bit longer.

Who knows though? None of us knows what is on Mike Bobo's mind.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65570 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Deja' VooDoo !!!!

Wartdawg wrote: The question in my mind is do you want to be an OC in the high profile SEC or do
you want to take a big risk by stepping out... and stepping out to the Mountain West.

I doubt anyone can recruit the type of O-talent that saves Richt's bacon every season
out there.

My guess is that the issue might be Bobo thinks a better opportunity will come around if he
stays here a bit longer.

Who knows though? None of us knows what is on Mike Bobo's mind.

Appears to me that Mike has looked the entire situation of coaching over. I want to believe this . . . . Mike Bobo is smart enough to look at what "they" are doing to him.

I say that for this reason. Greg McGarity when asked about Mike Bobo's salary, was quick to say something akin to this . . . . Mike Bobo was given a nice raise soon after I came on board.

Anyone wanting to read the link below, you will recognize that raises are offered after another university comes calling. Not the first time this has come up. This time it is a bit more serious because we now know more about our Athletic Director and his mode of operation(s). Mike Bobo wants more money. Still has "sand" in his shoes. Mike is not an idiot. JMHO.

www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/bobos-24...ga-assistants/nWjgS/
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds