Forum

Head Coach That Leads . . . .

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65539 by Buc
Head Coach That Leads . . . . was created by Buc
Alabama and quarterback play. There was a lot going on at the beginning of the 2014 Season. Quarterback leaves FSU, signs on with Alabama. Young offensive coordinator that truthfully was not at the top of many lists in college football.

Comes back to this for me . . . . Head Coach.

Once again those in the media and fans look at Lane Kiffin and Blake Sims and they are praised. Should be, did their job.

Question. Just how good would Lane Kiffin and Blake Sims have been had they coached and played for say . . . . several other college football teams? Not necessarily the SEC, any conference.

Difference is the Head Coach. Nick Saban understands who and what he needs at every offensive position. Check out the Alabama offensive lines under the Saban time on campus. Check out the running backs under Saban.

Too many in my estimation want to high five a coach or player for a season or so and not look at the reasons behind their success. That is not in any way saying that a Kiffin or Sims did not do a great job, but they were put into certain positions on Saban's football team where success was almost guaranteed.

Speaking in this post to the offensive side of the ball. Don't think I really need to say a lot about the defense.

Nick Saban has proved himself, and last time I looked at the incoming talent to Tuscaloosa, don't have to second guess who is responsible for the needed parts to make a offensive coach and quarterback successful.

Difference between Nick Saban and other coaches in the SEC . . . . he "runs" the football program, knows how to run the program. Those higher up understand that they only need to do what is asked of them by Nick Saban and everyone has a very merry Christmas or Holiday, whichever you prefer.

Will our program ever reach the heights of the Nick Saban program, all of us know that under present circumstances we don't compete annually on that level. Records speak for themselves. Impossible to hide from the truth.

Alabama in 2014 is one of four college teams in the country that is in the Final Four. Win or lose, millions on top of millions will watch the national broadcast. Not sure what the difference in the ratings between the Georgia/Louisville game versus the Alabama/Ohio State game will be, but I know the difference will be not only measured in "views" . . . . it will decide where young players want to play college football. Fact.

All because of what? A Head Coach that has control of "his program". Another fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65540 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Head Coach That Leads . . . .

Buc wrote:
Too many in my estimation want to high five a coach or player for a season or so and not look at the reasons behind their success.

Tons of truth in that statement.

People do it with our offense.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65541 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Head Coach That Leads . . . .
Saban knows he's going to win every time Richt tries to win a Big difference.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65544 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Head Coach That Leads . . . .
Wartdawg, this morning after posting the above, set out (again) on a mission to see who is recruiting what and it comes back to the same place each and every year.

Alabama is getting more top rated talent (according to ?) than any other college at this point. Does not happen once in a while, happens every year. Once again, loading up on the offensive line, much to the joy of the offensive coordinator, quarterback and running backs, not to mention receivers. End result . . . . happy fan base.

This really impressed me. Nick Saban brought in a talented old timer with great knowledge reviewing opponents film. That is Saban, rated by most as the best college head coach in the nation, bringing in another mind to check Ohio State out from top to bottom, looking for anything that might give Alabama an edge.

Before the opinions given by the old timer to Saban and Company, Saban and his group watch the film without the old timer's presence. He then compares what both sides picked up viewing film and it aids in his decisions for PREPARATION. That is in my opinion, coaching.

From emails I know that some are tired of hearing the "coach talk". Understandable if all that is wanted is where we have been and appear to be going. The public relations folks that are pro Georgia coached football and where it is at this point will not stop pushing their views for all to read. They have the availability and contacts to shape minds, and they have known that for a long period of time. Ain't broke, don't fix it.

I know this and don't have a problem understanding English. At this point Georgia is having a good recruiting year, as yet not over. Anyone look to see who in the SEC is rated higher than our group thus far? Happens every year, few exceptions.

Nick Saban and those that are involved with the day to day happenings in Tuscaloosa know this . . . . if the football program needs "anything" it will not take a "study" by outsiders and a period of time to determine whether or not the "anything" is done. Nick Saban leads, does not follow, but he does listen, much like he is doing with the "old timer" looking at Ohio State film. That is why Nick Saban is the reason that millions of dollars come in annually to the Alabama football program. A Head Coach that knows how and when to "make" things happen, not ask someone if it is possible to change things without the "Group".

Easy statement . . . . I would much rather be playing Ohio State in the Final Four this season than participating in the Belk Bowl. There is a reason for the huge difference between Richts annual salary and Sabans.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65545 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Head Coach That Leads . . . .

Dawg With Style wrote: Saban knows he's going to win every time Richt tries to win a Big difference.

DWS, agree that Saban believes he is going to win every time out. I suppose that Richt tries to win, but the separation between the two coaches and their records leave little doubt as to "how".

I have feelings for many situations, does not have to be football. I do not however have positive feelings for a head coach that has shown us he thinks his brand of coaching (9-3 season) deserves more than questioning a lack of "results".

What really bothers me is the time tested statements consisting of . . . . "excuses" and "next year". Already "excuses" are being made for "next year", pro Richt believers are moving it up to "year after next".

I look at returning players and should be excited about talent returning for 2015. Experience is a very good teacher. I like the fact that some talent is returning, but . . . . is that where I am going to hang my hat . . . . has "almost" never been a lack of "player talent", it falls on Mark Richt and mistakes made like the one against the Gamecocks and GT. Gets to a point that head coach "apologies" carry no weight with me.

Goes to this . . . . without the head coaching mistakes made in 2014, UGA should have been 11-1 at this point. Think most agree those two games were lost on the sideline, not on the field. Would we now be in the Belk Bowl with a 11-1 record? Just simple FACTS.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65546 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Head Coach That Leads . . . .
Think I may have noticed a little apprehension in cmr's statements concerning Bobo's interview and the possibility of having to step up and coach again. Think that he thought Bobo would hang with him til he retired. Also think Bobo is tired of the chump change he gets paid at UGA.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds