Forum

Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?

9 years 4 months ago #65488 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
If the name of the Bowl is not Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Peach, or Rose I don't see any reason to play in a Bowl. All the rest of the bowls are for the wannabes, which UGA is fast becoming one of due to its leadership. Sorry folks but that is the way I feel the so called leaders have squandered the opportunity to shore up a once great program.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65489 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
Hard to want to discuss it when we had one of the easiest schedules and end up 9-3 and in a bowl named for a anchor store in a mall. Who would of thought when all said and done that the BEST team we played all year would of been GEORGIA TECH...not I...they are way better than the teams we lost to and way way better then the teams we beat...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #65493 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?

Buc wrote: Anyone want to discuss the upcoming game in Charlotte? :unsure:

Sure,....let's discuss!!! I realize the disappointment, I understand the level of angst, given the very nature of the last 7 or so seasons. Nonetheless, we still have one more game to play and it's against a team with a few turncoats.

I'll be there, taking the entire family, mainly because a very good friend has a luxury box, the tickets are free and it's an opportunity to spend time with my girls doing what we used to do every Saturday in the fall. I'll show my support for my alma mater because the institution is much greater than the sum of it's parts.

So Buc, let's discuss. I've not watched a single dirty bird game so I've no clue what to expect from them. Whatcha got?

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #65494 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
Really interested in the offensive and defensive line play . . . . both teams. Believe that the return of Kolton Houston is huge. Watched him get his game back in order after the ordeal he went through. Kolton Houston and Greg Pyke really played the right side of our offensive line like none I can remember right off hand.

Believe it will be hard for Louisville quarterback to stand in the pocket with some of those that will be heading in his direction. They do have WR DeVante Parker, and he is a load. He will be playing his butt off, NFL watching closely.

Ramik Wilson will have a huge game at ILB, NFL also watching Ramik closely. He will play on Sundays. High second round pick.

Hoping that Sony Michel is healthy, he is a difference maker. Next season, Michel/Chubb, big problems for those that have to stop them. Both will have big game in Charlotte.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65496 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
On the positive side. The extra practices you get for going to a bowl are a plus. I would like to see us give our seniors the first half and then let the ones that are most likely to start next year take over. Give BR and FB a full quarter each and let's see what they can do. It would be nice to get some of the OJT out of the way before the games start counting again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65498 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?

DAWGtm wrote: On the positive side. The extra practices you get for going to a bowl are a plus. I would like to see us give our seniors the first half and then let the ones that are most likely to start next year take over. Give BR and FB a full quarter each and let's see what they can do. It would be nice to get some of the OJT out of the way before the games start counting again.

That's a great idea Dawgtm, but you are giving our coaches waaaaaaaaay too much credit if you
think they will do it.

They are just not that bright.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds