Forum

Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?

9 years 4 months ago #65503 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
Don't get me wrong I want a win also. But I would like to see them in there regardless of the score. Much rather see how the handle the pressure in a game that on the grand scheme of things dosent make or break our year than one next season when it's on the line. Just saying if we dominate Loserville does this years season suddenly become great. 10 wins would look great on CMR's resume but does it take away the sting of losing to the three teams that we lost to. I think not
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65504 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
If you have the time, check out the Bill King article in the AJC. More importantly read the roughly 170 or so comments from many that show their distaste for our football teams lack of leadership.

Surprising, many of the commenters have "switched" their way of addressing what is going on with the way football is being mishandled in Athens.

Not trying to start a big "mess", most of the "mess" has been covered here on the subject.

Less than half of the ticket allotments were snatched up for the game in JAX last season against Nebraska.

See where Georgia has an allotment of 8,000 tickets for the Belk Bowl in Charlotte.

Say again, the comments in the Bill King article are far and away different than any year I can remember.

The "Group" knows that much is changing throughout the fan base, and the change is not what they are looking for.

Particularly paid attention to the comment on Jake Scott vs VD. Truth. Jake Scott loved and respected Erk, and played his butt off for Erk, not VD.

Pulled this from the comments in the Bill King article. Whether Jake Scott was right or wrong on the Orange Bowl being the place to go . . . . It clearly shows that VD did this type of over ruling often. Did same with Erk, which from time to time I mention on this board.

Bowl selections and acceptances are dubious at best. Many would be surprised how many times a school or AD accepts a bid to a particular bowl and the players are frustrated. They wanted to go somewhere other than the one selected by the AD. For UGA, the best example is the 1968 UGA team--they all wanted to go the Orange Bowl and play for the NC--But Dooley over-rode the teams wishes and accepted the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas, supposedly to keep the integrity of the Sugar Bowl and the SEC in tact. UGA lost that game 16-2, as Jake Scott said, "our hearts were not in it knowing it wasn't for a NC." This is Scott's story not mine--I believe him--a disgruntled Scott left immediately for the CFL, and then onto Miami.

Board seems to be on the quiet side, as most are, as said, the comments are worth taking a peek at.

ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/12/12/should-b...the-belk-bowl-blues/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65505 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?
I think it will be hard to get up some whip butt momentum. Good luck with that. But maybe enough for a win anyway. Of course that is barring any numbskull play calls in a clutch.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 4 months ago #65515 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Belk Bowl Conversation Anyone?

DAWGtm wrote: Don't get me wrong I want a win also. But...but does it take away the sting of losing to the three teams that we lost to. I think not

Could not have picked three worse losses I don't believe. As bad as losing to Tech is, either of the other two took SECCG out of play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds