Forum

Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

9 years 4 months ago #65530 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
Don't like the idea McClendon might go to h____ N0.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65531 by Buc
One suggestion.

If Mike Bobo "should" be chosen to become the head coach . . . . why not this?

Many head coaches call their offensive plays, one for example, Paul Johnson, GT. Anyone that doubts that Petrino is doing the same, guess again.

What would prevent Mark Richt from doing what he did when he first came to Athens? Is he so busy that he does not have time to take the play calling on again? Would that be asking the 3.5 million a year head coach to do too much?

Has been said often, here and other places that Mark Richt has to stay on board for his recruiting powers.

The above is for starters, there are more questions and answers.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65532 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop

Buc wrote: Couple of thoughts come to mind. Going to post the link below, hoping to hear what you folks think about the article and the involvement in some of the terms and situations mentioned. Will come back with a couple of my thoughts on the article. Think that is fair. What say you?

www.dawgsports.com/2014/12/17/7408189/mi...do-state-Jacob-Eason

BS. If Eason wants to play for a COACH and not the TEAM then so be it. Recruiting being hurt is a joke as deep as the state is in talent hardly would affect who the OC is/was...hell we go 9-3 9-4 8-5 and 6-7 with the recruits anyhoo so what will be the big change if Bobo chooses to go out west...I say go and good riddance and take the play not to lose attitude to CSU...hahahha guess Eason is going to follow Bobo to CSU if he gets the job.....NOT

More apologists for a mediocre coaching staff

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #65533 by Buc
Never stops, eh ogredawg.

Now we get to see just where the Athletic Director is on this subject. If Mike Bobo is offered the job, does Greg McGarity come back with an offer that equals same. . . . silly me.

Those sitting in the big seats are going to be questioned as never before in the past 14 years. Brushing over the problems are not going to be allowed by some that recognize the "other game" that has been played by the higher ups for far too long. Actually longer than 14 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65534 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Second Wave of Public Relations . . . . A Flop
..more fear tactics.

If Bobo is more than half-arsed, he's going to get a shot somewhere unless Richt quits here
first.

I would just as soon get all the excuses out of the way at the same time. New QB and new OC
would both be off the excuse kiosk for 2016 if we go ahead and deal with both now.

Think positively.... maybe McScrooge would give McClendon a raise with left over Bobo money. Maybe Richt would resume play calling and turn over things like game day motivation and clock management to someone else!

I know, I know... I'm always the optimist.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65535 by Buc
This might pp some off.

Why is it that some think that the Georgia Football Program will drop off of Stone Mountain if we lose some of our coaches?

I believe that some calling themselves supporters of UGA football are not totally UGA supporters. When I read the many posts that I do "every day" seems to me that the support is more for the head coach and some of his coaches. Most are supporters of Mark Richt.

Simple question. What do the Mark Richt supporters want from . . . . Mark Richt? Another question. If they have the standard answer for that question, it is easy for me to ask . . . . when?

Could be 180 degrees off with this statement. With Mike Bobo testing the water, anyone think that Mark Richt and Mike Bobo have not had conversations about same? Appears to me that Mike knows he will not be the next head coach in Athens. However, does that mean that Mark Richt plans to stay for many years, or Mike Bobo is not real happy with being paid less than grantham and now Pruitt . . . .

Poorly run financially secure program by those that think they are head and shoulders above others.

Did notice in the article that Will Friend was not mentioned as one that would leave Athens should Bobo get the job. Will say this, do not believe Mike Bobo will leave, but if he does, good luck, you can be replaced by another offensive coordinator that might change some of the repeated schemes that you run. Think Duck said 4, 5 or 6 offensive plays repeated year after year.

I seriously doubt that Mark Richt would ever return to calling the offensive plays. He has become very comfortable, and that is the way it is and will remain.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds