Forum

Defense and Pruitt/Rocker and Company

9 years 4 months ago #65452 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Defense and Pruitt/Rocker and Company
Yes Buc one point low scoring games a rare happening in football. Today most memorable for me this year was Hogs and

Bama. Had that gone they other way we may not have had. A SEC in the playoffs

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65453 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Defense and Pruitt/Rocker and Company
Buc, I'm happy with a 10-9 win. I know I was when we did it to Texas in the 84 Cotton Bowl.

I actually understand and can begrudgingly accept some moves that were made to
liven up the offenses to make the game more exciting to the casuals. The problem is they
went way too far. They changed rule after rule after rule and still today are changing rules to
favor the offense.

There is actually a happy medium between 10-9 and 41-39, and they should have stopped making rule changes somewhere in the middle.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago #65454 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense and Pruitt/Rocker and Company

Wartdawg wrote: Buc, I'm happy with a 10-9 win. I know I was when we did it to Texas in the 84 Cotton Bowl.

I actually understand and can begrudgingly accept some moves that were made to
liven up the offenses to make the game more exciting to the casuals. The problem is they
went way too far. They changed rule after rule after rule and still today are changing rules to
favor the offense.

There is actually a happy medium between 10-9 and 41-39, and they should have stopped making rule changes somewhere in the middle.

Another excellent post . . . . ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65455 by Buc
Final Four . . . .

I "think" Alabama will win.

I "think" Oregon State wins.

Takes me to Alabama/Oregon State.

Oregon State scores and believe it or not have improved on defense.

Alabama more traditional, have one big reason to play better offensively.

Lane Kiffin is changing the way offensive football is played in Tuscaloosa. My reason for mentioning Lane Kiffin you ask?

Lane Kiffin, son of Monte Kiffin, defensive guru, prior to the many rule changes mentioned above. Lane Kiffin learned so much watching and listening to his father about defense. Yep, Lane Kiffin understands defenses, and that leads to understanding how to beat certain formations.

Monte Kiffin could not or can not do anything about Lane Kiffin's brashness, but one thing that Dad appreciates is sons knowledge of defensive formations as well as lining up against them.

Alabama probably has the best tightend in the SEC, maybe in the country in Howard. The other wide receiver, DeAndrew White is well and has to be covered, great talent. What ya gonna do with Amari Cooper? Double team? Asking for trouble either way.

If Blake Sims is on, Oregon State cannot stop Alabama, have to try and outscore them. Game will not be 10-9, might be closer to what Wartdawg said, 41-39.

I do understand that both have to win to reach what I think would be a great game for the National Championship.

What is wrong with what I posted here? Wonder why the Red and Black never seem to reach these heights . . . . lack of player talent? I jest.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65459 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Defense and Pruitt/Rocker and Company
Oregon Buc......Oregon State can only wish..... :laugh: ;)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65462 by Buc
True dat. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More