Forum

Anyone Hearing,....

9 years 4 months ago #65353 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: "We have a chance to finish in the top 10 in the country, which is where I think a lot of people would like to be," said Richt, now in his 14th season at Georgia.

Where a lot of people would like to be, amazing. The BS never ends. If you are reading this board, let that statement "sink in" . . . . if you choose.

A lot of people, and he is referring to other universities and coaches. Other coaches would love to have the talent that "sits" on the Mark Richt bench.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel a heckuva lot better knowing we have "a chance" to finish 10th in the nation.

Yep Buc... a lot of others would love to have "a chance" to finish in the top 10..... and there are a lot of others that would already have that nailed down if they had our talent.

We have "a chance" to finish in the top 10... after what, the 60th+ rated difficulty of schedule that was faced by a team that almost every year has top 10 recruiting classes. I wonder if all those other coaches would have loved to have the chance to take what should have been an 11 win team and have them lose to 2 different .500 clubs.

C'mon, man, it's only been 14+ years.

I know basketball isn't football and I know this means I'm old, but Bob Knight was in the Final Four in his second year with the other guy's upper class men and his Freshmen. Had the best team in the country in his 4th year, had the best team in the country and won the NC in his 5th. And again in his 10th. And again in his 16th. And was competitive for the NC in several other years besides those.

Can't agree with EVERYTHING he did, but I don't think he ever said "We have a chance to finish in the Top Ten..."

Just saying...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65355 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Anyone Hearing,....
BUC Wrote: "Anyone ever notice in Richt's pressers that he is "never" asked the tough questions. Reminds me of other press conferences for politicians . . . . those that ask the questions understand that a "return engagement" for them has to be along the "party line"."

It appears that anyone at HC position and above has handlers because everything that is said seems to be calculated.
Public relations (PR) people love to control the news cycle. The HC press conference starts a big news cycle that carries the Sunday news and spreads on into the week.. You can count on M%M for continuity of this and the long term revenue plan. PR, ad and news coordination is their forte.
A lot of news these days is just that... PR news cycles. Filter those out and the news is what is left. I guess that's why I get news these days from anywhere exept ajc, img and other similar operations.
Thank God for the Internet or all we would be consuming is PR drool.
Done here. Rant over.
Go Dawgs!!!

Added later: Does anyone think there is a HC that tells the PR people to shut up and just tells it like it is at a press conference?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65356 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
Anyone ever notice in Richt's pressers that he is "never" asked the tough questions. Reminds me of other press conferences for politicians . . . . those that ask the questions understand that a "return engagement" for them has to be along the "party line".

Politicians use plants in the room to offer up only soft-toss questions.

Richt doesn't have to use plants because he has the AJC and WSB reporters.

One of the best posts I have read in some time. Truth. As did VD. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65358 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....
Our roster is a top 4 playoff team in and of itself.

They are coached down to 10th in the country.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65359 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Anyone Hearing,....
Steve you were around much of what you posted above in earlier years.

You made the following comment Thank God for the Internet or all we would be consuming is PR drool. and if anyone pays attention, the coaches that say they never read anything on the internet . . . . truly they think that we don't "understand" what goes on in the "arena".

How many that post and read here (there are many that read) would like to make 1, 2, 3 hundred thousand dollars a year, for years? Then what about 3.5 million a year and hoping to finish in the top ten in college football with top five talent. Not just this year, check the 3.5 million being paid yearly and look at the talent that arrived in Athens after the 3.5 million guarantee was made.

Just how clear does it have to be to the "worshippers" that it "is" about the money. Do these coaches not understand that those of us that were supposedly "never in the arena" have watched the "controlled pillage" that has and is going on in college football? Yes pillage, controlled pillage, not wartime pillage. More and more the distance/gap between coaches and fans/supporters widens. Support that with this . . . . Would anyone disagree in the past few years that more and more Georgia fans are speaking out against those that are "still" in control?

Can remember on this board when the support of the current regime was a positive on Mark Richt. I was one of those, and there are many here now that have been for a long time that were.

At some point the "light has to come on" or . . . . we can hope to continue to finish in the top ten with top five talent as expressed by our head coach. Fact, Jack.

Edit . . . . Vegas numbers at this point. Numbers worth watching, won't remain the same.

Belk Bowl: LOUISVILLE vs. GEORGIA (-7.5)
Over/under: 59.5

More
9 years 4 months ago #65360 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Anyone Hearing,....
More drivel from Mr.SEC

Mark Richt, Georgia (9-3, 6-2)

B / Slightly Below Expectations

Georgia was expected to battle South Carolina for the East Division championship. Instead, the Dawgs wound up battling Missouri, a team they ripped 34-zip head to head in Columbia. The problem was UGA's loss in the league's other Columbia... to South Carolina. Toss in a pair of first-in-a-while losses to rivals Florida and Georgia Tech and you have a Bulldog team that underwhelmed its fan base. This wasn't Mark Richt's best work and the loss to Tech at year's end punctuated that fact. But it's hard to grade him down too much over a 9-3 season in which he almost got his team back to the SEC title game.

Season High: Things were looking up when the Dawgs' poleaxed Auburn 34-7 in November.

Season Low: The Georgia Tech loss hurt, but losing by 18 to a Florida team that didn't even have to throw the ball was the bigger flub.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds