Forum

Final Four

9 years 3 months ago #65199 by Buc
Final Four was created by Buc
Not a lot going on concerning Georgia Football on any board.

Today at 12:30 p.m. the all powerful committee will let you and I know who the final four are.

This has played out as the “master minds” had hoped. Increases the hold on football fans attention all across the country, until the actual playoffs begin. That was the master plan.

Looking over the names of the colleges that I think will be in the final four, makes no difference. What was gained was holding onto that precious air time. Can only imagine what it will look like when the playoffs are extended to 8 games.

With Disney in control, and they are, adds another year round sport that will continue to sink baseball further into the abyss. Or as some like to refer to it as “the bottomless pit”.

Takes me to this, and mentioned it in another thread. Georgia this year (2014) would have a hard time making it into a final 6.

Many opinions as to why from the beginning of the year until 12:30 p.m. today, why Georgia fell short.

I do not believe it was a lack of effort from the starters. I do not believe it was from a lack of overall team talent. I do not believe it was because of a lack of fan support.

ESPN believed in Georgia football in the beginning, then we watched as we were relegated to the 12 noon games. Handwriting was on the wall. Regardless of where the talking heads end up rating us, makes no difference, we are not in the final four. College football is now about four teams.

Going into the 2015 Season, hearing a lot of “chatter”, some things never change, guess that is a good thing, brings the majority back to football.

One thing for sure . . . . in 2015 we get to face off with Alabama, the same team that I watched take Missouri apart in the fourth quarter last night. The same team that took Georgia apart in Atlanta in the second half between the two. Alabama is extremely deep and played a lot of young men last night. Coming into 2015 we can compare ourselves to a team that always seems to be one of the very best, Alabama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New start did not post the above, waited for the crap shoot to be presented.

Sometime back I posted that a good way for this top 4 ranking to end would be for Alabama to face off with Ohio State. Anyone at this point fail to believe that this was M&M's deepest hope?

Three weeks from now most of us will be glued to the television watching Nick Saban and urban meyer face off. Speaking for myself, this is what I wanted and . . . . time to put an end to SEC versus Big Whatever. Have heard enough about how good Ohio State is, we will find out. At least they have to play one SEC team, and the best team at that.

Coaches at Georgia, urban meyer handled us when he coached the gators. Leaves the SEC and now he returns to possibly win another NC. Guess it is coaching, draw that from looking at Alabama and Ohio State facing off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #65200 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Final Four
Buc, very early on you called the OSU back into the playoffs. Truth

This just supports my post of last week. Saban. Please take care of SEC business

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65201 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Final Four
I think that they actually got it right. Ohio State total domination of a pretty good Wisconsin team with a 3rd string QB and GREAT Defense, Oregon defeating the team that beat them early in the season, FSU undefeated and ALWAYS finding a way to win, and Alabama the BEST team in the country...yes the 4 best teams are squaring off and the Big 12 playing weak teams out of conference sends a message...no playing FCS or Div. II teams allowed or even weaker FBS conferences will allowed if you want to play for a NC...say what you want about Meyer or Fisher but they are WINNERS and we are 9-3...on the outside looking in once again

What hurt the Big12 the most....no conference championship and "co" champions plus a weak out of conference schedule equals no NC...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 3 months ago #65203 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Final Four

ogredawg wrote: I think that they actually got it right. Ohio State total domination of a pretty good Wisconsin team with a 3rd string QB and GREAT Defense, Oregon defeating the team that beat them early in the season, FSU undefeated and ALWAYS finding a way to win, and Alabama the BEST team in the country...yes the 4 best teams are squaring off and the Big 12 playing weak teams out of conference sends a message...no playing FCS or Div. II teams allowed or even weaker FBS conferences will allowed if you want to play for a NC...say what you want about Meyer or Fisher but they are WINNERS and we are 9-3...on the outside looking in once again

What hurt the Big12 the most....no conference championship and "co" champions plus a weak out of conference schedule equals no NC...

Appears that we are in agreement ogredawg. From above . . . . Coaches at Georgia, urban meyer handled us when he coached the gators. Leaves the SEC and now he returns to possibly win another NC. Guess it is coaching, draw that from looking at Alabama and Ohio State facing off.

The way this final four played out could not have worked any better for those that sell air time. The "Meece" are doing a dance at the ESPN studios in Connecticut. A large percentage of the "talking heads" on many sports programs are huge former Ohio State players and grads.

Proof again that "time in grade" does not always mean success. urban meyer a short time coach at Ohio State, much less than 14 or so years and . . . . final four. Did I mean that to be ugly, no. Am I trying to prove a point, yes. Do I want Nick Sabans team to beat the hell out of urban Meyers team . . . . in the worst way. Point remains, Ohio State led by urban meyer is again in position to play for the NC. Under the current folks, we have yet to reach the finals.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #65237 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Final Four
If Saban/BAMA drills OSU, Meyer will use the excuse of they had to play with their 3rd string QB.

HATE to admit it but Meyer is a very good coach.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago #65239 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Final Four

Buc wrote: Point remains, Ohio State led by urban meyer is again in position to play for the NC. Under the current folks, we have yet to reach the finals.

Finals are a pipe dream. This team hasn't even won a conference championship since my oldest child began to walk.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds