Forum

This Thread Belongs to Those That Know . . . .

9 years 4 months ago #65247 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Did a little research,.....
Not certain if anyone saw/posted this article, but aside from the well thought out, well written, contemporaneous analogy, it's abundantly clear that the St. Richt spin machine is ramping up for post-season glitter and rainbows!!!!

>>>>Thank you Sir, May I Have Another<<<<

Should the good skipper chart another bedwetting course in the Queen City, best brace yourself for a full court press of journalistic bloviating, the likes Faux News would be proud of!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65248 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Did a little research,.....
Did read the article when it first came out NC_Dawg. A bit surprised that so many admitted to being fooled. So right about the spin machine. They are warming up, will come full force closer to LOI time.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65249 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Did a little research,.....

NC_Dawg wrote: Not certain if anyone saw/posted this article, but aside from the well thought out, well written, contemporaneous analogy, it's abundantly clear that the St. Richt spin machine is ramping up for post-season glitter and rainbows!!!!

>>>>Thank you Sir, May I Have Another<<<<

Should the good skipper chart another bedwetting course in the Queen City, best brace yourself for a full court press of journalistic bloviating, the likes Faux News would be proud of!!!

What utter garbage.

Comparing UGA football circa 2014 to the way college football was back in the 70's is a straw-man argument of
epic proportions.

Look at this garbage: "One state to our west, the Alabama Crimson Tide, led by arguably the greatest college coach in the history of the game, are 11-1 after their fourth campaign of at least eleven wins in the last five seasons. If our current head coach can’t keep up with that pace, it’s time to replace him with someone who can."

Nice way to pull that one out of your can...moron. Literally NO ONE has ever said we should fire Richt because he can't keep pace win for win and NC for NC or even SEC championship for SEC championship with Nick Saban. NO ONE.

Straw-man argument BS.

Want to compare Richt and Dooley? At least Dooley was able to ride a Heisman quality player to a NC. Richt rides Heisman candidates to losses against 6 win teams.

You can't even take someone seriously if their argument is to compare 2014 to 1977. Our leading QB that year had 2 TD passes and 5 interceptions on 55 total pass attempts, and our leading rusher was the record setting Kevin McLee.

What a fool.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65250 by NC_Dawg

Buc wrote: Did read the article when it first came out?

Nope, didn't notice it until today! It got a laugh out of me. I've known for sometime that this blog is filled with CMR "Homers", so the title caught my interest. Like I said earlier, conceptually it was brilliant and well written, whose target audience may need a little "extra" in the off-season....Just another fine example of how to reframe the "wait til next year", "we are THIS close" mantra!....

If for no other reason than sheer journalistic amusement, ya gotta love the depth of this machines roster!

More
9 years 4 months ago #65251 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Did a little research,.....
Saban and staff refuse to lose.
Richt refuses to win.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65252 by NC_Dawg

Wartdawg wrote: ....Nice way to pull that one out of your can...moron. Literally NO ONE has ever said we should fire Richt because he can't keep pace win for win and NC for NC or even SEC championship for SEC championship with Nick Saban. NO ONE.

Perhaps not on Dawgs.com, although I seem to recall a discussion or two, but I certainly can point you to other sites and blogs that have, more so from an envious perspective, but compare they have!

Frankly, I care very little about comparing CMR to ANY previous UGA HC, largely because we've never been a traditional powerhouse. Why compare mediocre against mediocre. Saban, Miles, Spurrier, to name but a few are far better barometers, but that's just my .02!

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds