Forum

This Thread Belongs to Those That Know . . . .

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65263 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Did a little research,.....

Wartdawg wrote: ...A minority. This type of writing, the author takes a fringe minority view and projects it as the main opinion of those who have had enough, attempting to marginalize and trivialize the majority opinion as some sort of unreasonable half-baked extremism.

That's crap in my opinion. Disagree if you want, but don't misrepresent the contrary opinion in a weak attempt to discredit those who hold it. It's actually insulting.

Wartdawg, I completely agree with your assessment, but I believe you are missing the main point. As long as St. Richt and his minions of sympathizers manage the doe-eyed followers, we, the detractors will always wear the "anti" label...We are, in fact, a minority, a grass roots group who've freed themselves from the comfort of mediocrity because we wish more for the University we love AND expect more from those it employs.

The author; while clearly aggravating to you, has, once again, articulated the type of scripted material that will empower the doe-eyed! Remember the last time CMR was in the hot seat? Hellz Bellz, even the bobbleheads of ESPN lined up in support of CMR. It's a powerful PR machine, funded no doubt by the big $$$ corporations that have little interest in championships.

As a Grady Grad, I have to tip my hat to the authors well crafted manipulation of the facts, while presenting the casual reader with a comparative promise. This has been the script since those "anti's" began flooding these Interwebz with their "non-dawg" opinions. I understand your rage with this piece of drivel, but the manipulation of facts wasn't the objective, reinforcing the "WTNY" was....and you can expect many, MANY more articles, posts and blogs of similar fashion until the next season begins.

Each year a few more open their eyes and see that which has clearly been before them, but short of St. Richt having successive seasons of 8 or fewer wins, I wouldn't expect much to change in the Classic City. Until then, at least for this old dawg, I'll simply laugh at any and all attempts to redefine this display of mediocrity as success.

Oddly enough, Saban/Bama is the modern day FBS gold standard. Why wouldn't any program desire to benchmark themselves against not only his/their successes, but his/their ability to adapt, improvise and overcome?...OORAH!

vvvv My advice vvvv

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65266 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Did a little research,.....
We may be a minority within the total fan base, but that is not what I meant.

Within the group of detractorsthose of us who have valid and fair reasons for wanting MR gone are the majority.

I haven't really missed any points at all. I am very well aware of what is going on with the components of the PR machine. I know their script, and I am calling all of them out when they mislead the masses as to the nature of the "anti's" arguments.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65267 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Did a little research,.....
Understood,...enjoy the battle!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds