Forum

This Thread Belongs to Those That Know . . . .

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65135 by Buc
Something else that I think about occasionally.

Often see the media and others comparing Mark Richt to VD and previous head coaches at UGA.

My question is this. Why compare Mark Richt to VD and previous UGA coaches?

Does it not make sense to look at the "best"?

Why do we (UGA) not compare our present head coach to Nick Saban and his record at different locations?

There are other coaches that could be brought into the subject of "results", or "true comparisons".

Shows me just exactly where we are as a fan base.

Willing to accept where we are in 2014, really.

Someone please clue me in as to why the media and others on different blogs can "stick with" and post to the "positive" that which has become the face of SEC Football in the State of Georgia.

Steve has asked us to stay away from certain areas when we post. I agree with that. But have to say this, don't mix "other things" with "SEC Football". Be real, post real.

If we are going to "make believe" we belong in D1 football and play in bowls above the level we will be "invited" to this year, 2014, that is exactly what I think is going on in Athens, "make believe".

Someone tell me that we don't have talent in Athens. I will be glad to post from the vault what others that don't drink the Kool-Aid have to say about our program.

If you follow what is being posted on the internet about our player talent and can come to this board and others and support what has and is being posted about our great head coach, will not call you a name, but will understand that you "don't understand".

Several really good members on this site, some outside that group might want to take a second or maybe third look. Won't call their names, but most of us know who they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65142 by Buc
Since our loss to Tech have read a lot of fire the head coach and the other side, keep the head coach.

Fire the head coach posts that I have read have some valid reasons. Some are just ranting fools that don't have a clue.

Keep the head coach group intrigues me more. It is often asked from that group . . . . Who would we replace Richt with?

Thinking and talking to myself, I come up with this.

Florida came up with a head coach about two weeks after it was announced that Muschamp was told to leave, not asked, Foley does not handle hirings and firings that way.

Is Florida the only university that can replace a head coach with a quality head coach in that period of time?

Maybe with the bunch that run the football program in Athens could not or would not be able to do that . . . . right? wrong?

Only schools like Ohio State, Penn State, Florida and many others are capable of replacing their head coach without all of the BS that we hear coming from the side that says . . . . who would we replace Mark Richt with. The argument or lack of has no validity from where I sit.

Again, Mark Richt is going no where, so the folks that call themselves UGA supporters have nothing to worry about. He will continue to give them the 9/10 wins "most seasons". Of course when he dips below the 9/10 wins, there is as Wartdawg and others have said, "next year". Right now the "other side" are saying "2016".

Just talking to myself, again. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rdawg, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65143 by Rdawg
Buc,

It is you who keeps dragging me back to this forum. I started to lurk for a while, because, well, repeating yourself gets old and tiresome. It's your insight and will and the way you present yourself that keeps me still hoping for the best out of this team and program, and you are a true asset to this forum.

What I have noticed time and time again is the "who would replace Richt with" is kind of an unjustified excuse to hold on to. The thing is, until you ditch Richt, you really won't know who would want to try their hand at HC. As mentioned before, the talent pool that UGA pulls from is incredible, and don't forget that a lot of schools including Alabama is picking off this talent right in our backyard. I was listening to the radio at work today and overheard that Saban is rare breed when it comes to coaches, and I just find that simply untrue. I believe that with the right pairing of coaches and staff and talent, anything is possible. There are great coaches amongst us that are trying their best with very little talent and are doing well considering that. It's these coaches that need a chance to shine, show the World what they can really do. And as long as Richt stays, they will never get that chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65144 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic This Thread Belongs to Those That Know . . . .
EDIT: sorry posted in wrong thread

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #65149 by Buc
Rdawg, allow me this.

Sincerely believe that I have a "good grip" on those that post here. I know that there are those like yourself and others that don't buy into the BS that is often thrown out and those that do, expect you, I and others to fall in line.

Promise you, I get a lot of talk off of this board, it is amazing what some will say privately but will not post.

This is for you exclusively. I read your first post and every post in every thread that you have been a part of on this board. Have said this a time or two and I am sincere with these words . . . . Brother would share a foxhole with you. Have said the same to a couple of others that bring much to this board.

I have watched this board move forward in a way that others don't. This board has "relaxed" a bit and the conversations now are for the most part "spot on". You should always be a part of what is going on, meaning this board. Your are truthful, and I know that you played the game.

It is the Rdawg's that make "change happen". This board needs your "help and expertise", how else can we win the "big one" against the "Group" that has controlled "our football team" for far too many years without you?

If for some reason you get too silent, will do my best to do something to "pull you back in". Thanks again, and I mean this . . . . worked for many years, took the time to listen, but never be bullied. At this point in time, I feel we (you and I) are being bullied by the "Group". As a secure old man, they will not be allowed this time to get away without being "called out". Eveery opening "they" give me, will jump right in, and without a doubt I know you and others will do the same. The Red and Black belong to us, and yes some of us did find our way to the "arena". Thanks for not asking before making the "arena" statement head coach, sir.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rdawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65153 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic This Thread Belongs to Those That Know . . . .
It usually all comes back to the same theory by the richt disciples.....they keep throwing up the useless stats of his tenure to cover up the underlying fact---they are just too scared to take a chance on hiring another coach. They are comfortable with the status quo. I read it on other sites about "Look what's happened to Tennessee or Florida" and blah blah blah. For every Muschamp or Derek Dooley there is a Jimbo Fisher or a Nick Saban or a Gus Malzahn or Miles or etc.
Like you say, I don't understand why these people seem to think we are the only university around that is guaranteed to pick a coach worse than what we've got.
Just being comfortable with being average and being afraid to take a chance on getting better is a loser's mentality and one I could never (and have never been able to) get on board with. In any activity that is labeled a competition, you should strive to get better, even when you are the best.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds