Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #64989 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Thoughts..
BD2010, not really my style to kick a guy when hes down, but since you called me out Ill give you my thoughts.

1. i dont care who is the coach at uga. If my Dad was not a big fan i would not care how many games they win or lose for the most part. I went to 25+/- games in the 70s and don't ever remember so much complaining about not winning.

2. If uga decides to fire the coach he will not have a problem finding another job. Go 6-6 a few years and 9-3 wont seem so bad.

3. Just looking at the record under richt they have finished in the top five three times in his tenure. You may not like this, but thats about all you can expect whoever the coach is. About every five years you will have the players to maybe win the nc if things work out. Things have not "worked out" under mr but they didnt for the 20 years before he got there either. Your not going to be in position every year, basically because everyone else wants it just as bad. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs_f...all_under_Mark_Richt

4. mr has coached two heisman qbs and some other pretty good college quarterbacks. I like to read others opinions and usually dont get to upset over things i dont agree with. I must say it drives me nutts to read mr doesnt know who the best qb is on the roster.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #64990 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Thoughts..
Georgia is a different team from the 70s than they are today.

The "whining" as you say isn't undeserved.

Take a look at yesterday, a team that recruits 2 and 3 star athletes just whooped us like it was nothing.

They have been coached up, UGA hasn't.

I would take two or three 6 and 7 win years if the teams show improvement, if they don't, then the coach deserves to be fired.

Heck we are averaging one more win a year than JD did with one extra game for MR.

The excuses have to stop at some point, talent isn't an issue here. The issue is coaching, and it has been for some time now.

For what it's worth, your last post proved to me you aren't on here trolling, and sorry for accusing you of such.

• BullDawg2010
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #64991 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Thoughts..

scooby wrote: BD2010, not really my style to kick a guy when hes down, but since you called me out Ill give you my thoughts.

1. i dont care who is the coach at uga. If my Dad was not a big fan i would not care how many games they win or lose for the most part. I went to 25+/- games in the 70s and don't ever remember so much complaining about not winning.

2. If uga decides to fire the coach he will not have a problem finding another job. Go 6-6 a few years and 9-3 wont seem so bad.

3. Just looking at the record under richt they have finished in the top five three times in his tenure. You may not like this, but thats about all you can expect whoever the coach is. About every five years you will have the players to maybe win the nc if things work out. Things have not "worked out" under mr but they didnt for the 20 years before he got there either. Your not going to be in position every year, basically because everyone else wants it just as bad. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs_f...all_under_Mark_Richt

4. mr has coached two heisman qbs and some other pretty good college quarterbacks. I like to read others opinions and usually dont get to upset over things i dont agree with. I must say it drives me nutts to read mr doesnt know who the best qb is on the roster.

This post is full of nonsense, Scooby.

1. You hear a lot more complaining now than in the 70's because of the internet, social media, 24 hour sports channels, etc. It's not that fans are complaining more, just that there are many more avenues to have your voice heard.

2. We have not gone 6-6 for a few years, so imagining we have is silly. And yes, richt would find another job... not any reason to keep him.

3. richt has had the tools and bounces to win it several times and has bungled it. Different coaches in richts tenure would have won 2 NC's for sure, probably 3 with UGA's talent. Saying we should be happy because winning it all is hard and we should never expect to is a loser's mentality.

4. richt coached 2 Heisman qb's as a coordinator in a different conference..he is a head coach in the SEC now. And in case you forgot, he had Joe Tereshinski III as the starter over Matt Stafford for half a season, so ummm, yeah, maybe he isn't completely clear on who's the best on the roster.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #64992 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Thoughts..
A few other thoughts...

-whoever said uf was a bigger rival than gt was prolly a young man. I can tell you scooby sr looks at the gt series as the biggest. My cousin went to gt and i remember him kind of dissing my degree from the local college and implying his gt degree was worth a lot more. Shet, i got dirt under my fingernails so i aint really slayed the world, but ive done okay. My cousin has had about 25 jobs and my Dad still laughs about his long ago comments and work history.

-really wasnt planning on posting here any more till next year. Dang you BD2010! I do appreciate you saying you didn't think i was trolling. Maybe i am but its kind of weird trolling. Im on a uga site arguing with fans that their coach doesnt really suck.

-Have read a few times that mr uses his religion as a shield. You may not like him but kinda ridiculous to imply he is anything phony. He interviewed for the unc-ch job when he was talking with uga. They were a little turned off because he was religious. He aint hid this stuff.

-sadler: did you read the part were i said i didnt care who coached uga? When i said 6-6 a few years makes 9-3 look better i was talking about schools that would be calling mr if he was unemployed. Read my third thought again, you missed my point if all you got was " winning it all is hard and we should never expect to is a loser's mentality". Im standing by my belief that mr knows who should be playing qb more than guys on the internets.

-bs to say mr recruited and played the back up qb to prevent him from playing/succeeding elsewhere. Just havent seen anything to make me believe this. If he did in fact do this, would you guys think this was a plus or minus for the coach?

-i know a lot more about uga football than i did before cruising in here the first time. Also know a lot more about how important a college team winning is to fans. I dont really get it though. I go to a lot of my Alma mater's fb and bb games. Really dont give a shet if we win or not. A bunch of guys i dont even know.

More
9 years 4 months ago #64993 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Thoughts..
Scooby I guess it's just confusing when you say you don't care who the coach is yet you have probably posted at least 20 times over the season why you think richt should be coach and we're wrong for wanting him replaced

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #64994 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic Thoughts..
Scooby,

I would be proud of a UGA team that was 6-6 and the kids and coaching staff played their hearts out against good teams. I however, can not stand when I see mistake after mistake being made by the coaching staff in question that hinders our ability to play to our fullest extent.

I know religion has a bit to do with it, but to my understanding, such a subject was undesirable to a few on here and should not be mentioned. It's too taboo of a subject, apparently.

I dare any Richt supporter to go back and pay attention to his behavior on the sideline of the GT game. You can tell he is done and did not want to be there. Somewhere, deep inside of Richt's head, he knows there is pressure on him. He knows he should be winning some, if not all of these games that he failed to do so this year.

At this point, the man is either a coward or a thief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds