Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65316 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..
Thomas Brown's writing is littered with a bit more vitriol than many want to see when talking
about UGA football, but behind all of the histrionics is a lot of truth.

Recently the point I am most impressed with is him pointing out the difference between
discipline and punishment, and how Richt (and many of his supporters) have the two things confused.

The points made about punishment being a punitive reprisal for not having any discipline, and
how punishment (Richt's forte') is not "teaching discipline" (where Richt so often fails based on our players willingness to comply with rules and laws) were excellent.

So outside of the style he employs, there is some serious substance to many of his points. Yes
I wish he would cut out the language and name calling and I wish that mainly because it's just not really my style, but because it makes it easy for Richt apologists to dismiss the truths buried within his work.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65318 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Thoughts..
He has since added to what he posted earlier and even mentioned my invite here...but alas he feels he will be edited and censored here and that is of course on him to decide...I cannot see where on his blog that allows for replies so he is in a sense is doing exactly what he does not like not allowing people that he is calling out to reply.

Mr Brown please show me where I am able to reply ON YOUR BLOG PAGE or continue on with your own form of censorship that you despise, as you don't have the guts to come here and discuss it...as you stated you are AFRAID of being censored or edited or even banned...doubt that would happen if you clean up your language and you might just learn that there are ALOT whom agree with your opinions...we can all agree to disagree but in a respectful and non cursing manner...ball is in your court the INVITE STANDS to come here...but I doubt you will

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #65319 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..

ogredawg wrote: He has since added to what he posted earlier and even mentioned my invite here...but alas he feels he will be edited and censored here and that is of course on him to decide...I cannot see where on his blog that allows for replies so he is in a sense is doing exactly what he does not like not allowing people that he is calling out to reply.

Mr Brown please show me where I am able to reply ON YOUR BLOG PAGE or continue on with your own form of censorship that you despise, as you don't have the guts to come here and discuss it...as you stated you are AFRAID of being censored or edited or even banned...doubt that would happen if you clean up your language and you might just learn that there are ALOT whom agree with your opinions...we can all agree to disagree but in a respectful and non cursing manner...ball is in your court the INVITE STANDS to come here...but I doubt you will

ogredawg, not an impressive post, very impressive.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65321 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..
One other note... I don't really see asking for controls on language on a privately operated
message board is "censorship" the way most think of censorship. It's just asking for some
level of decorum in a public forum, but it's not trying to edit the real message. Every point
that needs to be made can still be made while observing some rules on what sort of language
you use.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #65322 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Thoughts..
Profanity is the crutch of the inarticulate!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #65323 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Thoughts..

Wartdawg wrote: ...I wish he would cut out the language and name calling and I wish that mainly because it's just not really my style, but because it makes it easy for Richt apologists to dismiss the truths buried within his work.

What Mr. Brown loses in his ranting is HE IS EXACTLY the type of blogger used by St. Richt's minions to prove the irrational nature of his detractors. That being said, I'll no longer discuss a non members deluded ramblings. I've seen my fair share of trolls, best remedy is to ignore them and pray they seek professional help!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds