Forum

Questions -- Indoor Practice Facility

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64782 by Buc
Listening to the taped session that Emerson and Gentry had yesterday. Much to be said about what was said and opinions from both.

Do you folks have any thoughts on what is mentioned in the podcast?

I will start with one. It is mentioned that the Athletic Board meets "only" three times a year, that is one cause for delay. I answer that with . . . . Too busy to have a "Special Session?" Incredible, sounds a lot like Washington, D.C. to me.

There is more to be questioned and answered.

www.macon.com/2014/11/19/3432856/podcast...ning-the-indoor.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64785 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Questions -- Indoor Practice Facility
If you have not listened to the taped show, recommend listening to Rusty Mansell at about the half way point in the pod cast. He speaks of what he knows, and he knows a lot. Background on Pruitt and others really lights up this version of the recording.

Pruitt two time #1 national recruiting guru in the past three years. Other entry into the top recruiting assistant in the past three years, yep, McClendon. Any real questions about McClendon and pay scale.

I have paid close attention to UGA's hire of McGarity. Thought he was going to be "all that". He is, but not in the way I had thought.

Say again. Way to go Pruitt, someone needed to light a fire under the "upper crust" of "our" football team. What you had to say about the indoor facility hit a nerve. What Ekeler said to back Pruitt up, opened the wound further.

If we don't want our football team to look like Alabama (successful) then don't hire those that have been associated with "winners".

What we have in Jeremy Pruitt in my mind comes close to a Kirby Smart. Kirby Smart, we ain't gonna get. Jeremy Pruitt we have at this point, for three years anyway.

Majority of those that are UGA fans that posted at various sites about Jeremy Pruitt speaking out are in agreement with Pruitt. Did not take long for the "Group" to follow up with their version of the often mentioned indoor facility. Mentioned over years, not just since Pruitt arrived, typical lack of response from the "Group".

Again Rusty Mansell is on top of his and our game in the recording.

Edit . . . . UGA's indoor facility.

Alabama's indoor facility and Auburn's and . . . .

www.google.com/search?q=alabama+football...isp.html%3B300%3B200
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64789 by Buc
Always interested in looking at the commits for 2015, and who they were recruited by.

One of the names that shows up a lot is Pruitt. Pruitt is one busy individual. Coaching, as he did against Auburn :) then spending time on the "trail".

Pruitt had some things to say about the indoor facility, looking at the young men below that he has been involved with, appears to me that he "knows" what is being said by others.

Want our program to move forward, best listen to someone that is "out there" not sitting in an "upstairs office."

Have always liked Rusty Mansell, really has a feel for what is going on with our recruiting, and others also. If you check the below link out, which you probably have before, click on the 24/7 sports profile portion listing who is doing the "work".

There is a pattern forming big time with the recruits that Pruitt and his helpers want.

Wondering if Pruitt ever comes up for air . . . . committed . . . . I think he is. Say again, UGA Football has needed this kind of "effort" for many years.

www.dawgbone.net/commitments2015.html

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #64790 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Questions -- Indoor Practice Facility
What can I say? The pictures say it all.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64791 by Buc
Steve, all I am after is for our program to grow. There is a lot being said about Pruitt and his coming out to chat with the press about the indoor facility.

Regardless of what any of us think, whether Pruitt was "aware" or "unaware" what effect his comments would have on Georgia fans, and those "upstairs" . . . . just glad that he said what he said, and for whatever reason.

Jeremy Pruitt, Defensive Coordinator made no bones about what he is facing when he is recruiting those that he wants. Not only he wants, many others when we look at who he is recruiting against. Many very good D1 schools are after the same young men.

If I am digging a hole, maybe Georgia red clay for example, shovel not getting it done, time for me to tell the "boss" that I can dig this hole, however I need a pick to do that. Hope that makes sense.

Truthfully, I am not sure that everyone in Athens wants the same things that many of us out here want. Many of us have been around for a long time, but that does not mean that any Georgia fan that has been around for a shorter period of time is not "just as involved."

Speaking for myself, have been up on the "Athens Horse" more than once, more than twice. Tired of seeing the same actions coming from those that have been given the key to the vault. If I fall off of the horse, this time it will not be because I bought into the way those in charge want me to think, act, discuss or whatever.

There is new blood in town. They cannot change things overnight, but from where I sit, I see progress both on the field and in the recruiting of players, both inside the State of Georgia and for sure I can speak about players and high school coaches and some writers in the State of Florida. Do not want to see practice facilities like the one Damon Evans provided. Don't like seeing McGarity "double talk".

Who the heck knows, maybe Mark Richt is delighted with Pruitt coming out and speaking to "needs". (Would not bet the farm on that statement). Anyone remember McGarity saying to Richt, "tell me what you need, you coach football, I will do the rest.

Anyone think that Pruitt's coming out did not get McGarity's attention . . . . it has. For sure many more are looking closer at the Athletic Director at this point. I call that "positive change".

Just chirping, but I have enough sense to know that "we" have "their" attention on this subject. Now if McGarity will get off of his ass, we can get together, like a "team". I said that.

Often read here and elsewhere that Georgia backers want Richt to keep his foot on the gas on the football field. Same can be said about the indoor practice facility, it is up to "us" to keep our foot on the gas . . . . if "we" are serious about wanting to "contend". Said that too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64792 by Buc
Take this any way you choose.

Some boards step up and say "exactly" how they feel about this "current POS Package" that has been around for too long.

Beginning to scratch my head again. Seems we care about getting back on board with the way "our program" has been run over the years. Win a big game, all is forgiven. Some don't understand or accept change. Give me 9 wins again in 2015. Prop our program up with the second best recruiting class supposedly arriving.

Check what has been said in this thread. Have heard it before. What have I heard . . . . "nothing". This is what the "Group" loves. They know that a win here and there will stop the "noise" from those that sometimes face issues, but soon forget what has and is happening . . . . again.

Pruitt, I watched Erk leave, he is another that had "balls". Thank you for doing what the "others" like to avoid, play on the edges. Won't change, leadership is "still missing". We have had wins like the one we had against Auburn several times before . . . . what changed?

Take your time McGarity, time is not an issue with you and "others".

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/as-so...e-done-itll-be-done/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds