Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

9 years 4 months ago #64627 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

ogredawg wrote: pretty hard for Bobo to go into "not to lose" mode against Kentucky. Now if we would of been up say by 7 points in the 4th quarter I can guarandamntee you we would of went into "play not to lose mode". That is the way it is with an inconsistent coach anyhoo...

There is a lot of "history" behind the above post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #64628 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10

Wartdawg wrote: When you find out if someone has really got it... it's not when they are blowing someone out.. it's when it's close and tight.

Like tomorrow will be. One of the beauties of sports is that you get lots of chances to redeem yourself. Would like to see 1) more good ST, 2) smart play calling, 3) no dumb penalties and 4) GOOD CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!

Go 'dawgs. :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #64629 by Buc

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: When you find out if someone has really got it... it's not when they are blowing someone out.. it's when it's close and tight.

Like tomorrow will be. One of the beauties of sports is that you get lots of chances to redeem yourself. Would like to see 1) more good ST, 2) smart play calling, 3) no dumb penalties and 4) GOOD CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!

Go 'dawgs. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Count me in for all (4) of your above post listings dawgs_fans_dad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #64632 by Buc
Appears to me that we get a "second or third chance" with Auburn.

South Carolina, gators, both beat us. Looking past what could have or "should have" happened, we got L's for both of those games.

Have said this before, will repeat. If we cannot get up for the likes of Auburn after losing to the two mentioned above, somebody has to explain to me why we can't win against teams that we are favored to win.

Game between Auburn and Georgia this time around, both sides have different "+'s" and "-'s", comes down to who is ready to take away the "+'s" from the other side.

Pretty simple when looked at, film study has been going on for years, those that understand what they are looking at usually end up with a "W". Halftime adjustments, not just a "figure of speech" or "coach speak", it is vital.

ogredawg knows of what he speaks. Spurrier has been a pain in our butt for years, but it is not luck, it is understanding "how" to change things for better results. Coaches have tendencies, of which ogredawg mentioned in his post. Sound coaching demands that there is either "change" or all things remain the same. Quite frankly, Gus Malzahn has "my attention". He understand the principles behind winning and losing. What is his formula some ask . . . . coach'em up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64633 by Buc
A newly posted article at 1p.m.

Anyone believe that there is not a lot of "one up manship going on"?

Everybody back, as Wartdawg takes the time to say . . . . No excuses.

Cold footballs can be a problem, believe it is going to be a bit "drafty" tomorrow night. Football gets harder in cold weather, not telling many of you anything. One thing that I do like when discussing a "cold football" . . . . Hutson Mason throws a "soft pass". I said that. Let'er Rip Hutson, everyone in the business of "chirping" about college football in 2014 understands we have running backs. We should not be "shy" about running or throwing. Believe the advantage is ours. Said the same thing about the game in JAX, still getting that one shoved up where Sun does not shine down this way.

www.redandblack.com/sports/hutson-mason-...97-3b10bf5434ad.html

More
9 years 4 months ago #64634 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #10
Buc, I'm probably wrong about this but I'm concerned with HM playing in cold weather throwing the ball. I was at the Gator Bowl and watched HM throwing the ball in the rain in Jan, the "way" he was throwing it made me think he has small hands. In the rain it appeared as if he was almost pushing the ball instead of throwing it.

As you said, in the cold the ball gets hard and the surface a little slippery. Yd1 said it was going to be pretty cold and at night.....I'm concerned he may have no velocity trying to get the ball to our WR's.

Hope I'm wrong but believe he has small hands....concerns me a little.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds