Forum

CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?

9 years 4 months ago #64356 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?

ogredawg wrote: CJP has a lot left to prove with me anyhoo.....I would say right now he is NOT the one to lead us to the promised land...CMR is going to run him off after 3 years anyways with his inept coaching

There is a lot of truth in the above.

Good post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64357 by Buc
Todd Gurley said he is coming back, back for Auburn. Can only imagine the welcome that Gurley will get in Sanford Stadium upon his return. Did not have to do that. Made a mistake, but is close to the Red and Black and he will put it on the line and play his butt off against Auburn.

Auburn coming to Athens, couple of thoughts . . . . I think they have a good, solid defense, not a great defense. Gus Malzahn will make Mike Bobo throw the football, he understands well the value of running backs in Athens.

Another thought is our defense. Pruitt coached against Auburn when they were at their best in 2013. If our defense mirrors what we did in JAX, or even close to that performance, ain't gonna be purty. Auburn has the running backs and a quarterback that will run and throw. Playing away will not cause Gus Malzahn to limit what he will let his offense do. Think about that, not going to throw rocks, but we know . . . . Gus is not about "field goals", nuff said.

Brings me to this. Away game with Kentucky, a very good Kentucky team. Would be a huge mistake to be looking ahead to Auburn as I did above. Do so, we will lose. Hutson Mason is going to see some things that he has not seen before. Mark Stoops is one heck of a defensive coach. He will keep pressure on Hutson, and Stoops is very good at "making" his defensive ends turn the runs inside. Don't believe that, go to youtube and watch.

Said a time or two, watching the two defenses work, see a lot of similarities.

Point spread at the present is 10 UGA.

Edit: Have some serious concerns about David Andrews and that ankle injury. Not easy to hit on all 8 cylinders when the ankle is bad. Know that he has a big man lining up on his nose.

www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/matt_elam_911331.html

More
9 years 4 months ago #64358 by Buc
Kentucky vs South Carolina. Mark Stoops is changing the way football has been played in the Blue Grass State. Offensive line for Kentucky is "large".

More
9 years 4 months ago #64359 by growl
Replied by growl on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
Can only think of how ugly things will get if UGA pours the same bucket of crap on us at Kentucky as we endured against the gayturds

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
9 years 4 months ago #64360 by Buc
growl, this is a much needed win, and I think more for this reason than others . . . . recruiting.

Want to win Chief, always do.

2014 will be another year that could as some say, relegate us to a lesser bowl. One thing for sure, if we do drop one or two more games, head coach will take any bowl game offered. Keep that string of bowl games on his stat log. Thoughts of Memphis, which ogredawg I think it was that mentioned it earlier.

Back on the thread subject, going to be some "hangover" from the JAX messy up me thinks for sure.

Still having problems with us not firmly situated with a punter. What amazes me is we can and will use two punters, won't use two quarterbacks. Sorry this coaching staff leaves me puzzled every time I look at what the supposed leadership is paid to do. Really don't have an answer for the phrase that some of us have used for a long time . . . . coach'em up.

Also annoyed at some of the sites and reading what they have to say. They want Pruitt/Rocker and Company fired. They however want to keep the head coach.

Listening to some that do understand the game, especially understand SEC Football, some that played in the conference, shaking their heads about the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. They know that there are "hurdles" for Pruitt/Rocker and Company in Athens. Head coach has head 13.5 years to get "stuff" right. Pruitt/Rocker and Company have been in Athens for less than one season. Makes it much easier to point ones finger at the "problem".

Many say this, and for the most part, agree. I want to see where our defense is when Pruitt/Rocker and Company have three(3) just three years under their belts. Have said many times, patience is a virtue . . . . my patience with the head coach is no more. Not returning again to the Richt side, the handwriting is on the wall . . . . and he is being protected by those that will explain if necessary a 7 or 8 win season, with the talent that rides the bench.

Mark Richt's winning percentage is often thrown up to the realists on this board and others. Wonder what the percentage would be if Saban or several others were running the show in Athens?

More
9 years 4 months ago #64361 by growl
Replied by growl on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
I'm with you Buc, as I am sure of everyone here to be as far as winning. I want the DAWGS to win every game, no matter how ugly, but the way we are losing is just plain ridiculous. Our team can't be depending on one mans whims, CMR obviously believes his way is the only way, he is delusional and costing us our pride in a great program. I think it's time for UGA fans to get a grip and demand a change in that position. There are other who would be Happy for the opportunity and we all know at least one, stop sending money And see how long it takes. Maybe M&M will keep em floating, but don't think so. Sorry about the rant , probably should have been on another thread.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds