Forum

Now What?

9 years 4 months ago #64341 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
What I am saying is sometimes the HC takes the heat to get the heat off of 19-20 year old kids.

Not the Georgia head coach.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #64342 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Now What?
Buc, that's why I said I'm not putting 100% on the coaches but "most" on the coaches.

The players aren't 5th graders, if they can't get jacked up for this game then they need to look in the mirror as well.

They knew the road ahead of them had zero wiggle room and no way should they not be prepared for ANYBODY much less FLORIDA.

I agree with pounding the coaches but I'm not giving the players a pass either, like I said, they aren't in elementary school ball anymore, they need to take ownership of their responsibility to get ready.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #64343 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?

wlayton wrote: Buc, that's why I said I'm not putting 100% on the coaches but "most" on the coaches.

The players aren't 5th graders, if they can't get jacked up for this game then they need to look in the mirror as well.

They knew the road ahead of them had zero wiggle room and no way should they not be prepared for ANYBODY much less FLORIDA.

I agree with pounding the coaches but I'm not giving the players a pass either, like I said, they aren't in elementary school ball anymore, they need to take ownership of their responsibility to get ready.

Wartdawg had a good post on this above.

Said this . . . .
Plus look at what Ramik said... he didn't say Richt didn't prepare us... he said WE (players/team) took Florida for granted. Richt then played mind reader and basically said yes you were prepared.. I think Ramik knows if he was mentally prepared or not.. more so than Richt does. After all.. it is Ramik's own head we are talking about.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #64344 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

First of all before I'm blasted, I agree with everyone, ok?.....but....doesn't the players need to take responsibility AS WELL in getting prepared to play? This is freakin FLORIDA. A coach wouldn't have to tell me anything, I would do whatever it took to be ready to play THAT game especially.

I'm not putting 100% on the coaching staff by any means.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying. There is a ton of responsibility here that falls squarely on the players., and I'm not saying otherwise.

What I am saying is that sometimes circumstances make it so the HC has to say he is ultimately responsible and to deflect blame away from 19-20 year old kids and be a man and shoulder that
himself.

Saban and other coaches do it all the time... sure the players screwed up, but he will step up and say ultimately he is responsible. Richt does it rarely and begrudgingly.

Plus look at what Ramik said... he didn't say Richt didn't prepare us... he said WE (players/team) took Florida for granted. Richt then played mind reader and basically said yes you were prepared.. I think Ramik knows if he was mentally prepared or not.. more so than Richt does. After all.. it is Ramik's own head we are talking about.

Again though... I am not sayin gthe players do not bear a lot, even most of the responsibility..

What I am saying is sometimes the HC takes the heat to get the heat off of 19-20 year old kids.

Hell.. even pro-coaches do it with their teams.

Interesting because CJP said they had the best week of preparation since he's been there. That tells me that it IS possible that at least CJP prepared them but the players were overconfident and had no focus or drive from that preparation given.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago #64345 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/201...bama_24_nick_sa.html

Go watch the link of the press conference after Texas A&M upset then #1 Alabama.

You don't have to watch long before you hear Saban say it is ultimately on him.

If however anyone thinks I am saying the coaches are 100% responsible and the players are not..
that is not what I am saying at all.

..and again, even pro-coaches do it. Mike Smith of the Falcons is a bozo, but even he
takes the heat and deflects it away from his players after the Falcons have their weekly meltdowns.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #64346 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

wlayton wrote: Interesting because CJP said they had the best week of preparation since he's been there. That tells me that it IS possible that at least CJP prepared them but the players were overconfident and had no focus or drive from that preparation given.

Okay..and I am not denying that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds