Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64345 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/201...bama_24_nick_sa.html

Go watch the link of the press conference after Texas A&M upset then #1 Alabama.

You don't have to watch long before you hear Saban say it is ultimately on him.

If however anyone thinks I am saying the coaches are 100% responsible and the players are not..
that is not what I am saying at all.

..and again, even pro-coaches do it. Mike Smith of the Falcons is a bozo, but even he
takes the heat and deflects it away from his players after the Falcons have their weekly meltdowns.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64346 by Wartdawg

wlayton wrote: Interesting because CJP said they had the best week of preparation since he's been there. That tells me that it IS possible that at least CJP prepared them but the players were overconfident and had no focus or drive from that preparation given.

Okay..and I am not denying that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64347 by Wartdawg
There are other points in that Saban video as well... he doesn't excuse the players at all, but he also shoulders the responsibility every time.

Twice later in that video he gets on the players, but both times he says it starts with him and the coaches first, and then after they make sure THEY do a better job, then the team needs to
make sure they do a better job. Notice though.. he mentions himself and the coaches first and foremost.

My post was not about who was to blame... my post was about a coach knowing how to be a LEADER instead of a building a blame deflector forcefield around himself.

I lead men in business, and I take the public bullet. I take it from the board of directors and the investors. I don't say "well my mid-level managers didn't do this or that... It's all on me
as the leader". You know why? They don't care...ultimately I am the one they hired to be responsible. It only makes them angry if you start excuse-mongering and blaming those who you
are responsible for...

If I then need to go have a come to Jesus meeting with the mid-level managers and workers beneath me, then that is done in private.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64352 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Now What?
The buck stops here.
In Richt's bank account.
Not in his performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64362 by Wartdawg
I don't know if it's funny, sad, or just plain inappropriate that immediately after saying I had taken my negative reaction too far, I took it a little bit further.

This is the problem... whenever these familiar problems happen, it's not just a single event. The past 10 years of frustration all rises to the surface at once.

Carry on.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
9 years 5 months ago #64369 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote: I don't know if it's funny, sad, or just plain inappropriate...The past 10 years of frustration all rises to the surface at once.

Carry on.

It's Funny,......and Sad,.....Certainly NOT inappropriate,........

and it's more like 13-14 years, but whose counting when we have such a Good Guy as a coach?

I'm out bother Dawgs,....gonna do the load up this afternoon and will be busting trails in the early am!

At Ease!....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds