Forum

SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

9 years 5 months ago #63995 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
Anyone think they are setting SEC up? Miss and MS will play, eliminating one. AL and AU will play, eliminating one. If Notre Dame, Oregon, etc keep sitting up just out of the top four, then they will jump in at the end, and the SEC will be screwed. Then they can point back and say, "we had three SEC teams in the top four back in October."

Keep an eye on this one. Don't watch top SEC teams... watch who's poised to jump in when they lose to each other. Notice that UGA is waaay down the list of one-loss teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63996 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
rockdawg, we are on the same page. Good post from where I sit.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63999 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
I might be being naïve, but I just don't see a one loss SEC champ being left out. If we happen to win out, I feel confident we'll be in.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64008 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
If you have a one loss West team who is not in the SEC CG and say an undefeated West team going into the SEC GC and gets beat by a one loss UGA team....then you have 3 ONE LOSS SEC teams 2 from the West who have played the toughest schedule in the country and the one loss SEC Champ. from the East. Just don't see how they can deny ANY of those 3 teams a spot. Either way you are going to have 2 from the SEC any way you look at it...

On another note as much as I dislike Petrino I hope they put an a**whipping on FSU to muddle the "playoff" picture even further

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64011 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

ogredawg wrote: On another note as much as I dislike Petrino I hope they put an a**whipping on FSU to muddle the "playoff" picture even further

I hope they put an ass whipping on FSU because Jimbo needs a good ass whipping. He is quickly becoming one of my least favorite coaches based on the moronic garbage he has been spewing about his program, players, and the SEC

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64012 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

ogredawg wrote: If you have a one loss West team who is not in the SEC CG and say an undefeated West team going into the SEC GC and gets beat by a one loss UGA team....then you have 3 ONE LOSS SEC teams 2 from the West who have played the toughest schedule in the country and the one loss SEC Champ. from the East. Just don't see how they can deny ANY of those 3 teams a spot. Either way you are going to have 2 from the SEC any way you look at it...

On another note as much as I dislike Petrino I hope they put an a**whipping on FSU to muddle the "playoff" picture even further

I think, fair or not, the team left out in that equation would be the West team that lost the SECCG. People are predicting 4-5 years before they go to 8 teams. With the caliber of team that will be left out this year, I can't see them waiting that long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• dawgs_fans_dad
  • dawgs_fans_dad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds