Forum

Gator Eating Time - What do we have?

9 years 5 months ago #63928 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Gator Eating Time - What do we have?
Have tried hard to stay out of the Todd Gurley in/out conversation. Down to this for me and I am not the only one, makes no difference.

I have a problem with folks sitting as a committee in the NCAA offices and supposedly having "everything on the table before them", playing this game of "we will decide, decide at the time we want to decide".

Single biggest issue for the NCAA is whether or not moving forward, having made the "right decision", meaning "job protection". Never for a minute do I doubt that the NCAA under Emmert is playing politics . . . . Simple, yes Gurley can play against the gators, or Gurley cannot play in JAX.

NCAA and folks like Emmert are ruining college football. Soon the college game will mirror the professional game, that is when I am done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63929 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Gator Eating Time - What do we have?
I think I see two of his problems.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63930 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Gator Eating Time - What do we have?
That's the thing Buc,

This organization has gone beyond just oversight. They think they are responsible for what college football has become. It's their toy and most of the teams are mainly game pieces they lord over as they see fit.

Every infraction is an opportunity for them to flex their muscles and show that they hold the power in this sport.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #63931 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Gator Eating Time - What do we have?
Honestly, I put this game in the same box as I do the game against the Chickens. The Dawgs are, always have been, and most likely always will be better than the Chickens. But as soon as the first pigskin launches end over end through the air, the Dawgs always seem to put themselves in a corner.

The same goes for the Gaytors. For some reason they lose focus and make stupid mistakes in this game. IMO, Bobo is one reason of many we get cornered early. Another is just not having that fired up attitude it takes to get the momentum early and never flipping the off switch for the afterburners.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63932 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Gator Eating Time - What do we have?
Most important game of the year.................run up the score. Make them quit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 5 months ago #63933 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Gator Eating Time - What do we have?
Some stats for the season for both teams so far. Seems the gaytor D does pretty well on 1st and 2nd down but cannot make the stop on 3rd down. gaytor offense is nothing but still a better passing team than we are...and of course we are NUMBER ONE in the nation on takeaways

# 108 on 3rd Down Conversions FL, UGA # 44

# 82 on 3rd Down Conversion Defense FL, UGA # 14

# 67 Fewest Penalties Yards per game FL, UGA # 56

# 121 on 1st Downs by Offense FL, UGA # 85

# 118 on Kick-Off Return Defense FL, UGA # 41

# 100 on Kick-Off Returns FL, UGA # 19

# 111 Punt Return Defense FL, UGA # 4

# 5 Punt Returns FL, UGA # 33

# 50 Sacks Allowed FL, UGA # 28

# 28 Sacks FL, UGA # 43

# 59 Rushing Offense FL, UGA # 14

# 92 Passing Offense FL, UGA # 110

# 95 Passing Yards per Completion FL, UGA # 100

# 22 Rushing Defense FL, UGA # 13

# 26 Passing Yards Allowed FL, UGA # 48

# 58 Turnover Margin FL, UGA # 1 Nation’s Best !

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds