Forum

Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

9 years 5 months ago #63792 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

rockdawg wrote: If we do stay under the radar and make it to Atlanta, and IF the winner of the Egg Bowl is there too, do you think the novelty of being there will affect their play, as opposed to AL or AU, who have been there, done that?

That game brings a lot of pressure with it. If the West teams start listening to the press and think that Atlanta is just a stepping stone to bigger things, and that they won't have to fight for their lives, then we may surprise a much bigger audience than the SEC.

Just a thought.

I really don't know if it would be a novelty for the teams, maybe the fan base as lots of people down here have not really jumped on either Mississippi bandwagon as of yet....most are LSwho and Tide fans but you do see a lot more Ole Miss than you do MS. State shirts etc...which brings me to say that they have the wrong Mississippi team ranked #1...that Ole Miss D is bad ass for sure...

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63793 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
1. I moved 2000 miles away from Florida and still hate the gators more than any other team.

2. Both Mississippi teams lose twice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63794 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Question. Is there any doubt what Pruitt/Rocker and Company have accomplished in Athens?

My thoughts go to the new defensive group "coaching up" players that were "throwing their arms in the air a season ago". Every reason to believe that this group gets better the more time they spend with our defensive coaches.

Don't take this as being "completely negative", however . . . . The comment below from Mark Richt was expected. What I am saying is this . . . . Mark Richt does not do one thing when it comes to the way the defense is run during a game or on the practice field. If it were so that he is involved with the defense, he sure made some improvements when we look at 2013. C'mon we know that you are the head coach, Pruitt is not after your job. Stay out of the way, we know what is going on, and quite frankly, we are not in the arena.

I can buy into what the head coach said, I have also "repeatedly requested" that our head coach do that which he does best . . . . recruit.

Statistics below spell out exactly what has happened in Athens, in one short season. Will Friend's "friend" turned the program around, on the defensive side of the ball.

Georgia leads the nation in turnover margin, flipping the script from last season when it ranked a lowly 102nd in FBS in that category.

The Bulldogs are now plus-13 on the season.

“I’m very pleased with that,” Georgia coach Mark Richt said. “We work hard on it.”

Georgia has 17 turnovers gained and only four lost.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63800 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

rockdawg wrote: If we do stay under the radar and make it to Atlanta, and IF the winner of the Egg Bowl is there too, do you think the novelty of being there will affect their play, as opposed to AL or AU, who have been there, done that?

That game brings a lot of pressure with it. If the West teams start listening to the press and think that Atlanta is just a stepping stone to bigger things, and that they won't have to fight for their lives, then we may surprise a much bigger audience than the SEC.

Just a thought.

The GOOD news is many of our coaches have been there before....CMR, Bobo, Pruitt, Rocker etc

If the West winner "reads their press clippings" they may be in for a surprise.

Hey, let's get there first.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63801 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

Buc wrote: Question. Is there any doubt what Pruitt/Rocker and Company have accomplished in Athens?

My thoughts go to the new defensive group "coaching up" players that were "throwing their arms in the air a season ago". Every reason to believe that this group gets better the more time they spend with our defensive coaches.

Don't take this as being "completely negative", however . . . . The comment below from Mark Richt was expected. What I am saying is this . . . . Mark Richt does not do one thing when it comes to the way the defense is run during a game or on the practice field. If it were so that he is involved with the defense, he sure made some improvements when we look at 2013. C'mon we know that you are the head coach, Pruitt is not after your job. Stay out of the way, we know what is going on, and quite frankly, we are not in the arena.

I can buy into what the head coach said, I have also "repeatedly requested" that our head coach do that which he does best . . . . recruit.

Statistics below spell out exactly what has happened in Athens, in one short season. Will Friend's "friend" turned the program around, on the defensive side of the ball.

Georgia leads the nation in turnover margin, flipping the script from last season when it ranked a lowly 102nd in FBS in that category.

The Bulldogs are now plus-13 on the season.

“I’m very pleased with that,” Georgia coach Mark Richt said. “We work hard on it.”

Georgia has 17 turnovers gained and only four lost.

Buc, also the leading rushing team in the SEC.....12th overall.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #63822 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Lots of folks read this board, has been discussed over a long period of time. When I read the article below, just reinforces what was said on Dawgs.com with a much earlier posting time than the time listed for the link provided below. Just go back a few posts and the "theme" of the article was posted there/here.

This board is far ahead of many that post and get recognized for their work. Nothing new, but have seen a lot of that recently, has been going on for a while, but recently it seems that it is happening more and more.

As an example, the current chatter about Todd Gurley. If any of us go to two(2) sites that carry what most of the local writers have to say, they say the same things over and over, repeating each other, just make a few word changes here and there, makes their day complete, filling space with the same copy.

Don't believe me, look over this particular thread again. Difference, we were there first. Say again, check the TIME LINES.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2240561-geor...ound-deserves-praise
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds