Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #7

9 years 6 months ago #63673 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day #7

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Can't explain this, just going to post it. I have this feeling that Douglas is going to have a very good Saturday in Little Rock, and will not be surprised to see Quayvon Hicks step up. :whistle:

Music to my ears... keep singing, just hope you're in tune!

I hope so too Wartdawg . . . . you ever get "one of those feelings"?

Also glad to see you back and posting often. Too good not to fill this board up with what I think is "real stuff" coming from someone that knows much.

Dawg With Style, Lorenzo Carter is beginning to "settle in" in Athens. If this young man stays healthy, there is no limit to his and the teams success. Can see #7's comfort level growing with each game. Type of player that the quarterback for the other team will always know where he is. Great talent. Next year after having a full year with the program, there will be a lot of press about him. Right now 6'6" 231 pounds. Can only imagine Lorenzo in 2015.

Say it again, talent is not lacking for the most part, here is hoping that we can keep this defensive group of coaches in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63674 by Buc
Another small "thingy" that I feel fits in yd1's Blue Plate Special . . . .

I am actually glad to see both of the Mississippi teams doing well in the SEC. It has been a long, hard struggle for both, when looking back to the time when Ole Miss especially played great SEC football.

Does nothing to hurt our conference, actually sends a message to the other D1 universities across the country, the SEC is more than one, two or three teams.

Folks my age can remember those from around the nation rubbing our noses in their comments about football.

My, my, how times have changed. Wonder if the "others" outside the SEC think they will ever win 7 back to back National Championships? Got close to 8, one problem, the coaching magician at Auburn took his foot off of FSU's throat. I think like that.

For me, it is the calm before the storm, the storm that I feel sure will happen in Little Rock tomorrow at 4 p.m. Mind starts to wander, then I start doing this.

Allow me this . . . . would love to see Kentucky, Tennessee and others line up and play against Ohio State. SEC will only get stronger, too many teams now that have serious head coaches that have a short time in the SEC Conference, but are fast becoming recognized for their efforts.

One example . . . . Arkansas Razorbacks. Having problems getting a win in the SEC, but who the hell wants to play them? Even SEC teams don't really look past Bielema and his group.

Say again, in my mind, glad to see all SEC teams step up, gets rid of some of the chirping that once upon a time bothered folks like me. Don't see a drop off for the SEC in the near future, if ever.

Just chirping . . . . :)

More
9 years 6 months ago #63676 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
Just reading all the post on this thread again

See many new player names added with more to come...our future is mind blowing with depth.

We showed that we were not a one trick dawg last week

Share your feeling Buc..... you trained hunting dogs you know onces they get what is

Expected of them...just keep getting better... our young pups have a feel for what

They are doing and......confidence that which is being taught by the coaches

Two things...we will give them a game and.....there is no quit in this group of dawgs

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63679 by Buc
yd1, a beautiful site to see a dog on point, in comes another and as soon as the point is recognized, backing like a pro. Might be that some of our "young pups" have learned how to "back". Lessons learned. Have to believe that many defensive players will add hash marks to their sleeves tomorrow.

Watching "slush mouth" as I type, he picks Arkansas. Mark May picks Arkansas also.

This is the type game that I LOVE. Time for the Junkyard Dawgs to suck it up and make a name for "themselves" in 2014. This is the type game that the players play for themselves. Don't mean that as a selfish thought by the young pups, it is showing each other that they are ready to move past the talking heads.

Quick note . . . . "slush mouth" picks Notre Dame to win in Tallahassee. Will be interesting to watch "slush mouth" after FSU kicks the ever loving spit out of ND. Number 5 team in the country, my butt.

Jeb Blazevich will become an all-star in tomorrows game. He is that damn good. Did I mention Bennett or Conley, don't have to, they have been "on point" for quite some time.

Talk is over, almost time for grown man football, as played by a bunch of "Junkyard Dawgs".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63680 by Buc
Still reading, looking for "stuff". Picked this up from the backers of the Razorbacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Chaney said Arkansas has to be aware of Georgia’s “cheetah cats” Saturday. He’s referring to outside linebackers like Jordan Jenkins and Leonard Floyd, who have combined for 10 ½ tackles for losses and 6 ½ sacks. Both are key for a Georgia defense that has been successful because of its speed. “I think it’s a different type of problem,” Chaney said. “I think Georgia’s got a great amount of speed. I think Alabama runs well and has good stature. This group flies around.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking for "holding calls" when the Dawgs start "flying around".

Know that you folks think I am crazy from what I am about to type, seldom do this, only a couple of times since I have been a member on this board. Georgia, Red and Black, Silver Britches, Junkyard Dawgs win by two touchdowns. Remember this when watching the game tomorrow . . . . Special Teams. I said that, two touchdowns.

That is not "homer" talk, think I see something that the talking heads have missed.

I have one request . . . . Mark Richt stay out of the way, turn the Dawgs loose.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63681 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
Hope to hell the wizards of Gameday also pick the hogs

Oh please don't throw us back into that briar patch......

Hog is going to trucked.....fact

Remember Dawgs don't do Pity Pat Parties

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds