Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #7

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63648 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #7 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It is GDF # 7 and starting the second half of the season.

HE HF …

Half empty or half full…..???

IMO we are trending upward….a very good thing

Some stuff to do before getting to the Hogs

I am sure there is a talking head some place that called Mississippi being the new Alabama ….with two undefeated teams It was not me

Or that Les is in a mess and TAM is feeling a lack of love

USC would have 3 SEC losses and people saying the OBC has slipped

We all felt that we would have a clear picture or our Dawgs after game two and the Chickens.. we did and then as Buc says the ball took a funny bounce.

Our top RB is set down and we go and play our tails off and throw a shutout at a team who had a lock on its second divisional championship according to some of the wizards

For a rare time our sideline looked like we knew what in the hell we were doing and it was the opponent that was lost

Sidebar… if we did not have CJP/CTR and crew to fire up the other coaches and players … anyone think the results would have been the same with Towel? Not me!!!

No excuse was the tagline in Colawest…need to carry it to LR.

OK….

Saturday we again have an opportunity to frame who we are

Just how much we have improved

Questions will be answered

Used this before… I have respect for AR but do not fear them

No question we have come a long way since playing USC

True we had a missed step or two and without question could have played better at home against UT

However we used those errors to get better IMO

CJP and CTR have settled in on coaching in the SEC

Again no small thing that all our coaches are in sync and enjoy working together making us a better team..I like it a lot !!!

I see a possibility that each week we are without TG we will see others stepping up and raising their level of play..a very good thing

As I have posted here several times.. players if you don’t like the conversation the only way to change it is win on the field

They did that big time beating Misswho

Just win baby..Big Al said it all

Ground and pound and sprinkle a few passes in at key times

To Greg and your buds a big thank you for your service

Pause and give thanks

Have a safe weekend and a great week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63649 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
Yankeedawg you pretty much summed it up Hope Georgia gets a lot of treats.

Taking a vacation every body have a glorious weekend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63654 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
Thanks yd1, alot on that "Blue Plate Special"....not much to add.

Well maybe one thing that is starting to aggravate me....what is taking so long to figure out if you have anything on TG?? If you don't have any proof of money exchanging hands, let him PLAY.

Maybe I'm naive but geez, make a decision. Does it have to take so long?

Mr. Chubb can't keep touching the ball 40+ times a game.

Guess ya'll can see and feel my nervousness about this game.....bad feeling.

Actually that's a good sign....everybody have a great weekend and yd1, with the weather so great down here, you have your choice of beverage this week.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63659 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
NCCA. wants to be sure that there is nothing else that will come crawling out from

Undera rock once they make a ruling on TG. IMO. if there was a proof trail of money it

would have come to light by now. So what we know is what we don't know

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63663 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
yankeedawg1, much appears to have been said about the "toughness" of the Razorbacks, coming from all quarters. I have been a party to that also.

I also believe this . . . . Tracy Rocker will "not allow" anyone on the defensive front to enter the game in Little Rock not committed to "standing tall". Not in Rocker's DNA, not allowed in his players DNA. Coaches like Tracy Rocker know "who will and who won't" when it comes time to show cause.

Arkansas has some tall, heavy offensive linemen. I look at players like Thornton that understand how to get leverage. Watched Toby Johnson again in the Missouri game. He was creating "his space" against the middle of the Missouri offensive line. Toby played a huge part in the "outcome" of the Missouri game. My eyes do not deceive me, know that he is ready to engage in Little Rock.

Linebackers are going to get their opportunities in this game to open some eyes. One thing I know about Herrera, as a head on linebacker, this particular game is suited for his style of play. Really looking forward to watching Rocker's group "prove a point". My kind of football game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63665 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day #7
Can't explain this, just going to post it. I have this feeling that Douglas is going to have a very good Saturday in Little Rock, and will not be surprised to see Quayvon Hicks step up. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds