Forum

Mizzou Game Day Thread

9 years 5 months ago #63552 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Mizzou Game Day Thread
Spent some time away from the board, had some things to take care of in Atlanta.

Went back and read all of the posts, always do.

One particular post got my attention, many did, but this one by BullDawg2010 had special meaning to me.

Coaching staff had our guys focused.

Also seems like Gurleys suspension lit a fire in our guys hearts. Love to see that. Just like I loved seeing 3 fingers being held up from him.

If I were going to add anything to those comments it would be . . . .

The Todd Gurley messy uppy also got the attention of our coaches and they focused "themselves also". Players were focused, no doubt, but after watching the game the second time on the DVR without commercial interruption, I saw our coaches much more into the "coaching aspect" than I had noticed previously.

Mike Ekeler my friends was a find, a "diamond in the rough". Defense can only get better with the type of coaching that they are receiving now. Many hurt, dismissed, young pups laid it on the line.

Watching the offensive line, doing the stop and go on the DVR, right side of the line is much better than the left side. Left side is going to be under huge pressure in the Arkansas game, I said that.

Good thread, well played and coached football game. Goes to show the difference in our game planning and coaching from the South Carolina game up until the Missouri game. Not only did the players change, so did the coaching staff. Some call it TEAM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, BullDawg2010

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63553 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Mizzou Game Day Thread
No need to rehash what has already been said,....

Great game, well coached....which is a huge relief!...Let's hope this is a beginning rather than an anomaly!

Chubb is a BEAST!...We will be in good hands when TG makes the leap....But let's keep the "wild dawg" in the play book until TG returns...

The defense continues to improve with every game. As the season wears on, #THIS could be a saving grace!

HM was,.....utility. Stats are meaningless to me when the game was won by toting the rock. HM did very little to get us into trouble, save the intention grounding in the face of pressure,.....AGAIN!....but with MM back in the game, it is clear that HM does not possess the skill set to threaten deep,....this could haunt us soon....

All in all, a great win, one we'd better be prepared to build upon.....but we need TG back!!!

GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!

#FREEGURLEY

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63554 by Buc
If we cannot get the ball to Mitchell downfield, creates a huge problem in the Arkansas game. Talk about loading the box . . . . loading the box with a much "tougher SEC box group" than the one we just played. Mitchell appeared to be well . . . . he is not a stout blocking wide receiver, he is however a young man that will play in the NFL, his skill is catching "deep balls".

More I think about the Missouri game against Indiana, the Missouri game against South Carolina, brings back thoughts of Georgia against South Carolina and Georgia against Missouri.

Did not read a lot in the game day thread about our Special Team(s). Reason that I brought Mike Ekeler up in the post above, he has the attention of those that "want" to play football.

Said before the 2014 Season started that there would be returns by Isaiah McKenzie that would have members jump with joy and shout in disbelief. Well?

Isaiah McKenzie has changed the way that opposing teams played us prior to this season. Coaches and on the field players were less than whatever, and it hurt the overall team effort.

What I saw was players from all parts of our team giving chest bumps and high fives both on and off the field. Those on the other sideline notice such things.

Bielema will have Arkansas ready for the Georgia invasion. Lots of history between Georgia and Arkansas that dates many years back. Bielema has toughened that team up, don't mean to sound ugly but, Missouri was not a tough bunch on Saturday.

Left side of the offensive line better pick it up, just mentioning that again.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63556 by Buc
Might be some have not listened to this podcast. Some interesting thoughts and comments by the two sportswriters. Always like to watch and listen to what is said "after" a game. Does not always match pre-game comments. :)

www.macon.com/2014/10/13/3360650/podcast...big-win-and-the.html

www.macon.com/2014/10/13/3360650/podcast...the.html?sp=/99/160/

More
9 years 5 months ago #63609 by Buc

GooseDawg78 wrote: So pleasantly surprised by the way BOTH sides of the ball have played today!
Can the D pitch an SEC shutout???

Goose, they/we did just that. Impressive to me for this reason . . . . young pups "wanted it". Hope that carries over to Little Rock. Would love a shutout, but recalling some of your posts, will settle with a win. :)

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds